• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the Midnight campaign setting?

Thanee

First Post
No idea where you get whatever in Houston, Texas, but the Midnight CS is a setting from Fantasy Flight Games. Just feed a search engine with "Fantasy Flight Games Midnight" and you'll surely find plenty information.

Of course, you could try the same with your other query, too. ;)

Bye
Thanee

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
No idea about the Bawls. The only shopping area I know of in Houston is the Galleria.

Midnight is a game setting that assume the forces of evil have won. Magic Items are illegal. The only god around is evil, so no clerics. Wizard is a prestige class and there are no paladins. Ouchies.

The goods news is that the players are heroes of legend and select templates that give them powers as the level up! And that's all the good news there is. Some adventures may involve a "treasure" of rations. Yes, it's just that bleak.

More here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/midnight.html

mac1504

Explorer
The (almost cliche now) analogy is to a version of Middle Earth had Sauron won against the race of man and had captured the ring back from Frodo and Sam. It is a very bleak world, but a great campaign setting. Yes, the use of divine magic is restricted to the bad guys, and you are hunted down by animal-possessing spirit bloodhounds for using arcane magic and or magic items, but everyone has the chance to learn magic by simply taking a feat.

First check out FFG's website (listed in the above post) but be sure to check out Against The Shadow also. It's a great fan site with plenty of fan-created material.

Last edited:

janta

First Post
If you don't mind shopping over the internet, then you can get Bawls here:
Case o' Bawls

(For those wondering, Bawls is a carbonated, caffeinated drink made with guarana, which is apparently also a stimulant. The description in the link above says it kind of tastes like "a fruity Sprite".)

Though I've never had any Bawls, I have done business with Thinkgeek and have always found them to be reliable and speedy.

HTH,
--Janta

Remove ads