• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Is/Was Your Favorite Gazetteer?

What is/was your favorite Gazetteer?

• GAZ1 The Grand Duchy of Karameikos

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • GAZ2 The Emirates of Ylaruam

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • GAZ3 The Principalities of Glantri

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • GAZ4 The Kingdom of Ierendi

• GAZ5 The Elves of Alfheim

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • GAZ6 The Dwarves of Rockhome

• GAZ7 The Northern Reaches

• GAZ8 The Five Shires

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • GAZ9 The Minrothad Guilds

• GAZ10 The Orcs of Thar

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • GAZ11 Republic of Darokin

• GAZ12 Golden Khan of Ethengar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GAZ13 Shadow Elves

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • GAZ14 Atruaghin Clans

• Dawn of the Emperors (Boxed Set)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I didn't care for any of them

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Not applicable (don't use them, haven't read any, etc.)

Votes: 13 16.9%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I just picked up a near-mint copy of PC3: The Sea People for $18 (score!) I've only had time to thumb through a few pages, but I like what I've seen so far.

Earlier, I was lamenting that TSR never published a gazetteer for the Sea of Dread. It looks like they did after all, only they published it in a different series for some reason.

That does it. I can't stand it anymore. I've had a craving for several months now, and this book has put me over the top. It's time to revisit the Isle of Dread. :)

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I picked Galantri - I normally run a fairly realistic fantasy game, using logical world building and using "a wizard did it" explanation as little as possible.

Running a six months Galantri game, We just gave in and went for the silliness of it all. The PCs moved around in a jury built hovercraft powered by the wizards (air elemental) society powers. The Secret societies behaved more like rival frats than deadly enemies. Prophylactic spells, hit point counting magic and the magical tower moving service all made appearances.
The Landholder went from Baron to Count micromanaging his dominion all the way (spreadsheets, even) and The Elven Liberation Front (ELF) was badly discredited by a PC who got involved.

I don't think any dungeons were involved and the closest dragons were a major role by Jagger(?) and other dragon society members.

Odd how Erberron uses so much similar mage-tech and yet tries to keep a straight face.

Old_Skool

Explorer
Another vote for GAZ1: The Grand Duchy of Karameikos.

I own all of them, either in hardcopy or .PDF format, and I've got to say that the first in the series is the best. Like others have mentioned, it is simply the best "Points of Light" campaign setting ever written for the game.

And regarding a gazetteer for The Sea of Dread, I was going to recommend PC3: The Sea People to you...but I see you already discovered it yourself. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads