• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Is Your Adventuring Groups Name?

Victim

First Post
The Destroyers: some of the world's most powerful adventurers band together to defeat great evils, increase their wealth and power, and smash whatever gets in their way.

The Five Points of Light: destined heroes (mostly from the same village)

The Untouchables: a shady group out for vengeance - originally, they were also untouchable because of the party's abominable CHA scores, but shifts in the roster have massively increased their presence.

The Lords of Dusk: violent justice freaks who slice their way through nefarious intrigues and plots

The Lonelypoint 4: a group of outlaws named by a newspaperman.

coyote6

Adventurer
The two PC D&D groups are:

The Company of the Sparrow (named after a copper coin, which they found piles of in early adventures)

The Riders of the Axe (named by the drunken axe-wielding dwarf cleric PC, when a freshly-rescued villager asked, "Who are you people?")

Superheroically, the PC groups include Pendragon, Vanguard, and Nexus.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Team Overkill - so named because we, in the words of the DM, "used fireballs to get rid of mosquitoes"

The Enterprise Company - so named because local law required a name and that's all they could come up with on the spot.

The Company of the Green Cloak - so named because wearing these cloaks makes us look distinctive in town yet we still blend in in the woods. :)

Lanefan

exile

First Post
Band of the Burning Giants- The group assumed this name because my character, a wide-eyed halfling lass, kept telling tales of flaming giants; she had embellished her mother's description of fire giants of course. That character and group are long since gone (late days of second edition), but my friends from Louisville and I still informally think of our now defunct group by that name. Additionally, those same friends and I (and a lot of others) use that name for our World of Warcraft guild.

Mackenzie's Marauders- This name was only ever used to identify us as players, not our characters. It is in honor of our Dungeon Master's daughter and our (sometimes) youngest player. I think it would work well for an adventuring party.

JRR_Talking

First Post
League of Extraordinary Undertakers (D&D group, dedicated to ensuring the dead stay dead)
Unordained Ministrations and Thematic Associates (UMTA, Victorian Adventuring club)
Knights of the Golden Dawn (D&D, goody two shoes do-gooders)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
One infamous band of PC's used to be the sixth unit in a brigade of mostly NPC soldiers. When they broke off and started their own merc company, I picked the best and most appropriate name: Unit Six.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads