• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Is Your Adventuring Groups Name?

Drowbane

First Post
arise o thread of last month!

current Planescape campaign: the Keeper's Finders. The Keeper being a (non-canon) fiend (looks kinda like a blue pit-fiend) of mysterious intent who sponsors two or three groups for odd jobs around the planes... He seems quite intent on maintaining Sigil's status quo.

Our current party is "Team A". :p

We have backups in the wings for "Team B"

My primary PC (Amaranth Nailo, aka "Maligant" - elven nosferatu) in the Finders has an extraordinary number of lackeys (followers, cohorts who have cohorts, vampiric progeny who have progeny, ghoul/ghast minions who have ghoul/ghast minions, etc, etc) is jokingly refered to out of character as Team Maligant.

edit: By design, I have enough progeny and cohorts to hand one or two out to each other Player in case one of our DMs wants to run something involving Maligant's SL that the other PCs wouldn't / shouldn't want to be a part of. This has yet to occur, but I'm hopeful :D

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Company of the Winter Wolf

The Horses of Fire

The Ruby Lords

The Company of Silver

The Invisible Hand

Thunder and Lightning (named after the two mages favorite spells)

Riders of the Flaming Horse

Swords of Justice

Nobles of Redwood

Muses of the Dark Bard (Ravenloft)

Clan of the Dragon Horse

The Four Mountains (all the characters were exceptionally tall, and big)

Reapers of the Dream Blossom

Company of Insanity (We took jobs nobody else would, and lived)

The Deep Shadows

The Reapers of Wealth (The leader was a thief named Grim)

The Blood Slayers (We all killed each other by 5th level, except my Bounty Hunter. Yes, an evil campaign)

Company of the Silver Hand (We were all Silver Elves, and there were five of us)

The Freaks (we all were monster races)

Pixie Pandemonium (Two members of the party were Pixies, and they played them VERY well)

Gwydion's Clubs

The Silver Guard

There is more, but I can't remember them right now.

shilsen

Adventurer
Savage Tide game: The Five Wyverns

My current Eberron game (see sig): The Guardian Angels

My previous Eberron game: The Blades of Arakhain

Mutants & Masterminds game: The Teen Templars

Homebrew D&D game (see sig; Burne's): The Four Crazy Bastards

Ashy

First Post
Current Homebrew: The Misfits (see sig)

Past Planescape campaigns: The Seekers and The Party of Pain

Past FR campaign: The Company of the Raven

Ah...the memories.... :)

My players have dubbed their Shackled City group, The Bringers of Disease, Destruction...and Justice. They had to tack Justice on the end because they are actually good aligned and felt their original name was too evil. The disease part is in there because one of the PCs is freaked out by filth and disease, and he wasn't there when they chose the name. We all had a good laugh when he came back the next session.

Obviously, we take ourselves very seriously ;).

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
When I was running The Shackled City AP, the group named themselves Cauldron's Faithful, which I thought was pretty cool.

I played in Wulf's Barakus/Vault of Larin Karr campaign and we were called Horace and the Lesser Cohorts. Horace was our paladin. Yes, it was sarcastic. ;)

As the DM, whenever they would capture some correspondence between the bad guys, I'd make sure to refer to the meddlesome adventurers as "the paladin Horace and his lesser cohorts."

It was an insult two-fer predicated on the fact that Horace was particularly inept.

Currently playing in a Slaughtergarde/Red Hand of Doom campaign but no name yet.

I'm trying to make The Slaughtergarde Seven stick. There may have to be a SH involved.

Remove ads