• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your coolest Spell ?

Magic Rub

First Post
I love this spell, it's a higher level, but sooooo much fun!

BovD
Whirlwind of teeth (7th lvl)
Evocation [evil]
Range: 100ft + 10ft/lvl
Area: 5ft/lvl radius cylinder 10ft./lvl high
Duration: 1Rnd/lvl
Save: Ref half
SR: yes

The caster creates an opaque area of swirling energy in the form of roaring, screeching [edit]mouths[/edit] full of teeth

Damage = 1d8/every 2 caster levels (max 10d8)
You can also move the effect as a free action every round (Speed 40ft.)

It's great for putting the fear of gawd into peasentries, wiping out entire Orc War parties, or just for making mass amounts of apple sauce out of apple tree groves for very large groups of people (or smaller collections of larger creatures).

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Magic Rub said:
The caster creates an opaque area of swirling energy in the form of roaring, screeching moiths full of teeth

They must come from Brooklyn. :D

Watch yo moith!

Andargor

Henry

Autoexreginated
From Book of Vile Darkness

Crushing Fist of Spite.

Any spell that lets you crush an enemy to goo with a colossal Ebon Fist from the clouds is a "must have" in my book. :)

It's even cooler than Bigby's Clenched Fist. :)

------------

I also have to give an honorable mention to what I have been calling the "Gandalf Spell" in Arcane Strife:

Imposing Presence

It's a 2nd level spell that causes the caster to "seemingly grow to intimidating proportions, the background darkens behind them, and their voice resonates with thunder." :D

Larcen

Explorer
Funny, I always thought Grease was cool and a lot of fun, until I bought a wand of it. Now I can't seem to find a use for it. Anyone else have that problem or can recommend cool things to do with it?

Velmont

First Post
Larcen said:
Funny, I always thought Grease was cool and a lot of fun, until I bought a wand of it. Now I can't seem to find a use for it. Anyone else have that problem or can recommend cool things to do with it?

What, you don't use it to disarm the big bad figther with his poor reflexe save (ok, I'm think of the low level figther, not the high one). If he fails his roll, he lose his favorite weapon. :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Larcen said:

Are you looking for "Stick it up your burro"?

-- N, upholding his holy quest to answer straight lines

Nail

First Post
Nifft said:
Are you looking for "Stick it up your burro"?

-- N, upholding his holy quest to answer straight lines
...and here I checked into this thread to see what cool spell Nifft likes......

....uhhhh, he likes burros? :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Nail said:
...and here I checked into this thread to see what cool spell Nifft likes......

....uhhhh, he likes burros? :D

Darn! I would misspell that word!

Clearly, I don't know my borro from a burrow in the ground... and the translation of that remark is beyond Eric's Grandmother.

-- N

Last edited:

CrimsonTemplar

First Post
For my Ranger it was Briar Web (which is quite possibly broken for a 3rd level Druid, but is spot on for an 8th level Ranger).

For my Cleric it would be Weapon of the Deity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads