• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite prestige class? (Added results so far)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmmm... good non-WotC PrCs... How about the Ember Mage from the Book of Eldritch Might? Very cool theme and excellent related powers. Their blood literally burns with supressed flame! And umm...

Ya know, looking at my shelf, the number of third-party books I have compared to WotC is small. I ended up disappointed with some of my very early third-party purchases, so I got a lot more cautious with later ones. I like Traps and Treachery more for the traps than the treachery, and wasn't hugely intrigued by their PrCs. None of the PrCs in Relics and Rituals really bit me on the tuckus (that means caused much excitement). For Way of the Witch, the author seemed to be working on a whole different underlying concept of prestige classes than I did, so they kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The other third-party books I have only have one or two PrCs in them, none of which really come to mind, so I guess they weren't that memorable.

My favorite PrCs tend to by found in my pretty extensive collection of WotC material (including Dragon magazine). Either that or I make them myself or find them on various gaming message boards. There are some truly talented gamers putting out excellent PrCs every day on the boards. :)

Rashak Mani

First Post
I like the Elemental Savant now that I am playing one... you get some nifty bonuses and the whole PrC concept is very good. Then when you finally hit 10th lvl its very interesting that a puny opposite element spell can do doulbe damage on you !! :)

haiiro

First Post
(I moved the list of votes up to the first post in the thread, so it would be easier to track down.)

Last edited:

Arken

Explorer
My favourites as a player (i normally DM) are the Shadowdancer, the Blade Dance (OA) and the Iaijutsu Master (OA)

dream spawn

Explorer
Gotta go with the Pyrokeneticist from the Psionics book. Combine with levels of a fire mage and you've got the ultimate pyro. Just watch out for other creatures of fire! :D

Renaissance Man

First Post
Yeah, put me down for an assassin, shadowdancer, duelist, alienist, mage of the arcane order, dread pirate, outlaw of the crimson road, slayer, soulknife, blade dancer, gatecrasher, disciple of Baalzebub, vermin lord, illithid savant, and master of flies.

Liolel

First Post
Got to say the shifter.
At higher levels your range of options in nearly unlimited and every monster battle has the possibilty of extending your choices.
Who wants to fight a mage as an iron golem, immune to magic, and the ability I believe un dispellable as its become a supernatural ability. Great fun.:)

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Shifter
Soulknife -- (What's not to love? You produce a blade out of your own killer instincts to cut down your enemies' very life force.)
Duelist -- (To the pain!)
Alienist
Shadowdancer
Most Ninja PRCs
Sacred Fist -- (You got your Paladin in my Monk! You got your Monk in my Paladin!)
Diamond Warrior

Remove ads