What is your favorite winter comfort food?

kenobi65

First Post
For breakfast, esp. after walking in the snow/cold to the office from the train, hot cereal, usually oatmeal.

For lunch or dinner, a grilled cheese sandwich with a cup of soup (either tomato or chicken noodle) does the trick.

Dischord

First Post
I would love to have that Pumpkin Chili recipe. It sounds delicious.

As far as my comfort drink: warm cocoa.

Comfort Food: Vegetable Soup. My mother makes a killer pot of it with mixed vegetables and various pasta, depending on what we have in the cabinet at the time.

Kida

Banned
Banned
Curry. Any kind really, though Chicken is my fave.

As far as deserts, Irish coffee and poundcake or banana nut bread. Yum.

Chaldfont

First Post
I have a new one. We made the shepard's pie recipe from Michael Chiarello's food network show that has lamb and beef in it. My wife made bread to go with it.

Damn. That recipe's a keeper.

It was on his pub food show. It's on food network's web site.

Gilladian

Adventurer
Spaghetti. With homemade sauce; real tomato sauce cooked with a ham bone and lots of onions and mushrooms.

Or pot roast - the kind with the marrowbone in, and carrots and potatoes and onions.

Or baked acorn squash with honey and butter. Hot and sweet...mmmmmmmmm

And really rich hot chocolate - made with milk, not water.

Stormborn

Explorer
Chili with grilled cheese sandwiches and enough saltine crackers that when I get to the last quarter of the bowl I can crush them up and basically make a paste and eat that.

For breakfast Anytime: Monkey Bread - basically cut up strips of canned biscuits coated in sugar and cinnamon and baked in a bunt pan. I prefer the ones that are all crunchy on the edges.

Henrix

Explorer
Winter is soup season for me - onion soup, borscht, or a rich jerusalem artichoke soup - all served with fresh homebaked bread, of course.

My favourite drink for the season is hot mulled wine.

Remove ads