• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What kind of adventures would you rather see for 5th edition?

What kind of avdentures would you like to see more of for 5th edition?

• I would like to see more short term adventures.

Votes: 58 45.7%
  • I would like to see more long term AP's.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I would like to see a healthy dose of both.

Votes: 59 46.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 10.2%

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I voted for both, but I prefer long-term campaigns like Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Temple of Elemental Evil, Descent into the Earth and Rise of Tiamat. I find this gives me alot of room to grow short adventures and work them into a longer campaign. Face it, no one wants to read Lord of the Rings and finish the adventure at the Ringwraith attack on Weathertop ;-)

JWO

First Post
I have no need for the added durability and extra cost involved in printing adventures in hardback format, so I'd prefer it if they moved over to the paperback format that Pathfinder's APs are in.

I don't really like hardback books in general, whether that's novels, comics or whatever.

CapnZapp

Legend
Since this poll really is asking "Adventure paths or no adventure paths?" I had to answer shorter adventures.

What I really would like to answer is this:

I want more open-ended sandboxy adventures like Lost Mines of Phandelver.

What I really would like, is for WotC to commit to a specific campaign world and then publish individual adventures set in that locale.

This "campaign world" does not need to be a whole world (like Forgotten Realms or Eberron), it would be more than fine for something with fuzzy mysterious edges.

Examples:

The micro example is Lost Mines of Phandelver. Set more adventures on the map of this area.

Perhaps a more workable space would be "Sword Coast" though. Only that brings this huge baggage of a zillion novels and a dozen level 20 casters.

Perhaps Nerrath or the Red Hand of Doom valley is a better example.

Plenty of space for adventure. Fuzzy borders. Few or no pre-existing NPC adventurers of epic levels.

Great :)

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
I have no need for the added durability and extra cost involved in printing adventures in hardback format, so I'd prefer it if they moved over to the paperback format that Pathfinder's APs are in.

I agree with this part.

I think hardcover AP's are a waste of money. They could have easily saved a lot of money and printed them in paperback format. Let's be honest here. How many of you would run the same AP more than once if you have a normal gaming group of the same people? I think a nice, shiny, hardback, AP is a waste if it's just a once off.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing AP's and modules go digital and cost something like 2 or 3 quid. That way, once have have finished running it, you feel like you have gotten your few quids worth and you don't mind if you never ran it again.

Bayonet

First Post
Lots of short, one-off adventures or short adventure paths. I like the AP's, but sometimes a group just wants something to last a few quick sessions. A friend of mine sent me a few of those adventurer league modules, and they look nice; quick, fun, interesting... real "in case of nerdy friends, break glass" kind of things.

I'd also like to see something like the Fallcrest section of the 4e DMG. Lots of background info and adventure hooks for a town and the surrounding areas, with some pre-written adventures. That way, a DM could run the site as a campaign, a familiar one-off location, an adventure of the week, kinda thing.

Honestly, WoTC, I just want as much content as possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads