• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What kind of magic gear does your PC have?

crazy_cat

Adventurer
In our Darksun game my 9th level Elven Scout-Wizard has a carved bone ring with an enchantment of protection on it (+1 I think)

Thats all - although he does have a masterwork Elven Longblade as well.

EDIT: And in our present game (Dragonlance) my Human Barbarian/Fighter (2/2) has a Greatsword he was given as a gift by the Knights of Solamnia (Its +1 and glows in the presence of Dragons - which will be handy I'm sure as I might need a hint there is a Dragon about, because the huge effect of "being attacked by a dragon" wouldn't be clue enough by itself :D )

Last edited:

Timely Drought

First Post
The handy haversack is pretty obiquitous for my characters. Its just too damn useful. Plus I like carrying a ridiculous amount of miscellaneous stuff in it, especially for rogues / skill monkeys.

Siegfried Niemand

First Post
My telepath 8/fighter 8 has two +1 keen daggers, +5 shadowsilk amphibious empyreal slick leather armor , a ring of protection +2, a belt of many pockets, gloves of dexterity +2, a periapt of health, a pillow of blissful rest, steadfast boots, a veil of allure, and a blue dragon tooth belly-jewel with continual flame.

Enkhidu

Explorer
I'm amazed by what my current 16th level PC has accumulated:

+2 good longsword (also gives a +2 CHA bonus when worn/wielded)
+3 holy greatsword of speed (that does subdual damage only)
- the scabbard to the above, which allows the greatsword to be sheathed as a free action
+2 holy composite bow (mighty with a strength bonus of +2 max)
- glows in the presence of undead
- casts daylight once per day
- arrows shot from it act as modified arrows of vampire slaying (though only on a crit)
+3 mithral scale mail, fire resistance 10
+3 mithral buckler
helm of goodluck
- +2 insight bonus to attacks
- +2 luck bonus on reflex saves
- +2 deflection bonus to AC
two efficient quivers
guantlets of ogre power
cloak of resistance +3
brooch of shielding

And that's just the big stuff (minus a tidbit that has cost a bundle of XP, much like a legendary item, and which provides a rather unique set of benefits).

Aeric

Explorer
Bolt, warforged fighter 8/paladin 5:

+2 Adamantine Body
+1 Amulet of Natural Armor
+1 Heavy Steel Shield
+2 Ring of Protection
+3 Flaming Adamantine Armblade
Two potions of Repair Moderate Damage

Drowbane

First Post
Gestalts
- Onslaught (deceased), Warforged Barbarian 1 / Fighter 4 / Warlock 1 | Psion (shaper) 6; +2 Adamantine body, +1 Adamantine falcion, Repair Light (5), Repair Moderate (3), bag of holding (type I).

- Inquisitor Eridanus, human 1/2 celestial Monk 2 | Cleric 3 / Church Inquisitor 3; wooden holy symbol, simple cotton robes, Cohort (cohort's build; not finalized).

an_idol_mind

Explorer
My 19th-level wizard currently has nothing but his spellbook and two wands. He would have a +1 empathic sword, but it's currently in the hands of his arch nemesis.

He has some bad luck.

Remove ads