• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What kind of PC game do you want from 4E?

What kind of PC game do you want from 4E?

• MMO like wow

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Real time, like dungeon siege

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Real time with pausing for commands, like neverwinter nights

Votes: 43 19.8%
  • Turn based, silly. Like ToEE

Votes: 150 69.1%
  • None, DDI will be the only one for me.

Votes: 7 3.2%

phil500

First Post
I just realized I used WoW as an example rather than DDO.

DDO held me for a long time, but ultimately did not have enough content.

Family said:
I'd like to see the rules translated striaght up and set to the modules H1 through E3.

OMG, I should just pay someone to DM this for me- yes I want to control all 5 chars!

Gort

Explorer
My big problem with DDO is that you needed a group to do anything at all, and the dungeons didn't scale. I liked playing it with my three friends, but it sucked having to get random people into the party.

The game basically didn't need to be an MMO - all it needed to be was a multiplayer game that scaled the number of monsters to the number of players, and that'd have been fine.

Sanzuo

First Post
Isometric view, turn-based combat, destructible terrain, 300 million hours of gameplay.

Hm... I feel like playing x-com for some reason.

Argyuile

First Post
I would like just an MMO framework with some generic buildings, npc, dungeons and monsters built in with maybe a default setting that you could build out. It would include easy ways to customize graphics, create terrain, AI's for your monsters.

Then you could run it just for several people, or make it a multiplayer server with however many people your server could handle or throw yourself in there or whatever.

IanB

First Post
I want real storywriting and dialogue, like NWN or Mass Effect, not like TOEE which was some of the worst dialogue writing I've ever seen in a game.

Turn based or real-time with pausing are both acceptable.

Loghren

First Post
I really don't know how well combat would work if it wasn't turn based, similar to ToEE [although, yeah, without the various bugs].

But, for me, it would definitely have to have characters similar to BG1 and 2. I doubt I'd buy a game that's just straight up Dungeon Crawl. Actually, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. It's why I never finished Icewind Dale - it got boring. Not enough plot. On the other hand, I played BG1 twice or thrice. Same with BG2. And it's why I just played through KOTOR2 again - I need a good plot. Not just hack 'em, slash 'em. :)

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Turn-based, all the way. I want D&D, except I want the computer to handle the rolls and the math. No more, no less.

I *don't* want a generic action-game-with-RPG-elements that's skinned with D&D races and classes.

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Option Missing

Real-time, like Mass Effect. :)

Or MUUUUUUUCH better:

MMORPG with players-driven EVE-like economics, real-time bloody DMoMM or AoC-like combat and Mass-Effect-like dialogues and graphics.

FTW!!!

Right now, looks like turn-based is the way to go. I see real-time a la Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights being a lot harder to pull off in 4e simply because of all the decisions involved for each action.

Like a Fighter, for example, for Combat Challenge you'd have a choice on what enemy you'd want to use your immediate action on to keep them from shifting or attacking another. Is that enemy worth it, or would you rather keep that threat for another worthier foe that round? That sort of choice would be a LOT more difficult, if not impossible, to pull off believably in real time. At least not without the game making that choice for you, but that would take all the fun out of it.

Remove ads