• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What kind of print products would want WotC to produce?

Festivus

First Post
Map packs with a pair of poster maps and interesting locations. Something akin to Fantastic Locations would be great. Heck, no statblocks, editionless is fine.

D&D Encounters for home play - Sell a kit of it

Trap builders kit - Tell me an easy way to craft traps.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Even thought I don't play 4e, I wouldn't mind if they continue to put out the campaign books and then create new ones. They don't have to support the new campaign setting, just have overview of the world, maybe some mechanics, and half the rest of the book to be a series of adventures. This is where they can really mix it up and create unique worlds. If there's a heavy interst in one of the books, they can probably do a follow up book down the road.

dangerous jack

First Post
Shorter adventures (maybe 5-8 encounters long). Since encounters take so long in 4e, I'd probably lose interest after a month or two of playing anyway and would prefer fewer, more-meaningful encounters.

The best value adventure I think I've purchased so far is KotSF because it had 3 poster battle maps, many of which I've repurposed, and I've only run 2 actual encounters out of that adventure. So include 2 poster battle maps (maybe greyscale for 1 of them). I'd pay just as much for a shorter adventure with some good poster battle maps as I would for a much larger adventure.

And experiment. Give me Earthshaker and a Paladin in Hell. Steal the docks of Singapore from Pirates of the Caribbean, Crematoria from Riddick, or the floating rocks in Avatar. I'll find a way to use it in my world.

fumetti

First Post
Great question!

1. More generic SETTINGS! Vor Rukoth and Hammerfast were fun. I want plenty more!

2. A book of licensed CHARACTERS! Yep, bring in some officially licensed fantasy characters from popular novels and give'em the DnD treatment. Make DnD THE game system for every fantasy franchise. (I got the Death Dealer book and loved it.)

3. Public domain CHARACTERS! Bring on the three musketeers! Robin Hood! King Arthur! Give'em a 4E DnD write up so we can put them in our games.

4. T-SHIRTS with classic DnD images on them. (Got one from ThinkGeek and I want more!)

5. ACTION FIGURES! 4" figures, so kids can pit Drizzt up against Darth Vader, Spock, and Spider-Man.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
I want a broadly themed book of 300 to 400 pages every six months.

I don't want three players handbooks and half a dozen powers books. I want just a few books with everything.

I want setting books that bring a whole world to life, not just adventurer information.

I don't want a 160 page Manual of the Planes for $30 and four additional planer books of similar size and cost. I want one comprehensive book at $50.

Oh, and I agree on the foot-rubs.

SoulsFury

Explorer
I want them to produce cheaper products. The 3rd edition PHB was $20. The 4th edition was $35. I want meaningful products. I don't think I have even spent 10 minutes reading through the 4th edition DMs guide, and I DM 4th edition on a weekly basis. Everything we needed to play was in the MM and PHB. Like someone said above, I don't want a remake of Tomb of Horrors, I want a similarly badass module that will live on as being great forever. We haven't seen anything like that from WotC. I don't need more players options. I don't need more classes. We have plenty of those. I don't need a redesign of classes (essentials). I want boxed sets with new monsters, monsters with fixed errata, that comes with adventures, monster tokens, minis and flavor books. I want to see more adventures. I want campaign rules options on how to run different types of campaigns, not just your standard adventuring group. A vampire boxed set, an all elven boxed set, a norse viking set, etc. Something new, something different.

jeffh

Adventurer
I'd like some form of Epic-level support, a book that provides _____ Power type support for the Runepriest and Seeker along with maybe some new builds for other classes (especially Warpriest domains), and more revisions of monsters, especially "classic" ones, that were underpowered in the first two Monster Manuals. In addition, I am always interested in adventures and monsters.

Remove ads