• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What kinds of things could you find on a lost continent?

emergent

First Post
How about a survivor from some previous expedition that has insinuated himself into a position of power with some natives because he looks different? His difference in appearance makes the natives regard him as some sort of celestial, when in fact he was a cabin boy or other nobody from long ago. The appearance of others who look like him threaten his position, so he tries to do in the party, maybe by telling the natives they are "evil celestials" or something similar. If the party is good, they don't really want to go hacking up duped natives; the "celestial" survivor from the first expedition is important for clues to advance your major plot, but is generally uncooperative.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Looks like another good opportunity for plugging Urbis...

:D

When I created Urbis, I tried to cram in as many strange and fascinating landscapes as possible. Some examples:

Desert of Thunder: An extremely arid land dotted by cities which are ruled by blue dragons.

The Eternal Storm: A permanent rift to various elemental planes. Prospectors search the vincity for rare ores.

The Great Southern Chaos: A region scarred by ancient magical warfare.

The Star Mountains: An equatorial mountain range where the stars really are closer than elsewhere.

I hope you can find some inspiration on these pages... ;)

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Cargo cults.

Imagine the potential for Cargo cults in a world where randomly assorted bits of cargo are quite possibly magical and powerful in their own right.

An entire village full of natives, worshipping an intelligent sword or staff they found washed up on the shore.

Remove ads