What kinds of things would you expect to find in a tomb of a lizardman king?

Bad_English

First Post
OK I need to stop posting hungover

A large cerimonial game court indoor obviously a wide balconey over looking the playing surface. Now as this is a ritual game involving some goal lets say oh following a Mayan theme but not the classic and yet barely understood ball game( and everybody been there done that).

Hows about something involving ritual sacrificial battles between that cities lizardmen and other cities prisoners where the goal is to make the prisoners last as long as possible as an offering to a bloody war god of that city. The warriors fight with simple but deadly hand axes made from obsidian of course the captives would be weakened or given flawed axes or whatever to give the cities warriors the advantage.

They fight to the death but have to strike in such a manner where the skin is flayed from the body and in such a manner as to keep the victim alive longer. Thus drawing the bloody war gods favor to the city and it's priests. Also clerics could use spells to keep the victims alive even longer and this would make the site a perfect site for hauntings and spiritual mayhem by a DM.

In keeping with a mayan theme there could be narrow passages that lead to this court or an near by ritual center now a trap inside this passage although slow and deceptivly simple would be long obsidian rods about (6 inches in dia.) that slide in from both directions with just enough room for an adventurer to stand.

The first inclination is to break the stone rods with a swing of an weapon. Obsidian is one of the most if not the most sharpest thing known to man. (Used in eye surgery even now) The shards breaking from the impact would fly - flay about cutting any exposed flesh. The rods as they are being broken would have a replacement being shoved in behind it as it breaks up.

Now begins the fun (Terror) from above small doors open and the favored animals of the blood thirsty god crawl out and fly. Yep vampire bats at first in the tens then over time in the hundreds. the door the adventures entered from is blocked locked and not working, these bats are very small but very hungry and all the blood is driving them to a frenzy.

The door at the other end is more of a circular portal with an intricatly inscribed plaque showing one of the manifestations of the Bloody God of the Lizardmen as having the face of a vampire bat right in the center of this circular portal. No visible means of opening the door. Which is to place a bloody hand against the mouth of the God and smear blood on it. ( For effect you could have the sensation of a tounge licking the hand.)

Sorry about the almost OT yesterday I tend to rush through when I read and an idea engaged before reading throughly. I hope this evil helps.

PEACE :eek:

Remove ads