• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What magic item would you want in real life?

Skullfyre

First Post
Dark Psion said:
I want a psionic item that gives me a photographic memory and the ability to edit memory.

"You don't mind if I just browse through the games in your shop do you, Derek?"

ROFL

I would want the book that grants +5 Charisma

Cause then I would be more charming

;)

Eyes of Charming

The power over minds is even better than invisability, because you can get anywhere in life in the right people like you.
I wonder if they work through a television set, because if they did I could get myself elected president of the United States.

mzsylver

Explorer
Heretic Apostate said:

If I recall correctly, it's too powerful to be made, at least all at one time. For unlimited uses, I believe you have to pay for 50 castings of the spell. For Wish, IIRC, it's 5,000 XP per casting. That means you'd need 250,000 XP. BUT you can never use so much XP that you'd lose a level, meaning you'd have to be about 250th level to do it all at one time.

...OR you could make 50 Wish scrolls... :D

Corinth

First Post
Ring of Three Wishes. With the first wish, I'd wish for a Ring of Etherealness. With the second, a complete set of the magical tomes/manuals. With the third I'd wish for a (+5 keen flaming burst undead bane bastard) sword, a major land war and a portable hole full of (the very best) beer.

Kender Spoon of Turning.

Or, since that's not officially released, I'd go for a +1 sword.

Or one of those sex-changing girdles, only with a switch that lets you go either way. Hey, c'mon, somebody had to say it.

Ace

Adventurer
Ring of Unlimited Wishes of course.
Baring that a modified Alchemy jug made of Admantium that dispenses any potions I like including elixer of youth and a bunch of others.

Oogar

First Post
Mirror of Mental Prowess (if I feel I could ever work out at least one rank in scrying by practice, even if I couldn't the mind reading would be interesting) was always one of my favorites. Has travel, mind reading, spying, and divination. It also has a high likely hood of encouraging larceny, if you are the weak willed type.

If I could not get a level or more of scrying to work out? Maybe an Amulet of the Planes, or Eyes of Charming.

What would I use them for?

Mirror? Travel and spying, I wish it would be just travel, but I know myself too well. Also a little too much mind reading for my own good.

Amulet of the Planes? Travel, or a quick death I guess. I have hoped for far to long (20+ years) to be able to step outside this dimension at some point. Would be nice to do it.

Eyes of Charming? Officer, are you sure you can't just give me a warning? Thank you for the cushy job as a house sitter, Mr Hefner. Gee Miss Super model, I suppose we can go out to dinner. Thanks for the advance and desire to publish my work, Sir...... Yes, that one is a bit shallow, but I suppose you all are too moral for that?

Michael Tree

First Post
That's a tough choice, so I'm going to cheat. I'd want a ring of 3 wishes, then I'd wish for:

- A ring of sustenance. Getting by on only 2 hours of sleep per night would be incredible. No longer needing food or water is just icing on the cake.

- Skin of Proteus, from the PsiH. Metamorphosis at will has innumerable uses. Impersonation, flight, sneaking and spying, and so on.

- Tome of Clear Thought +5

It's a shame that there's no item that grants teleportation. An item ring of unlimited teleport without error would be great.

Dalith

First Post
Hmmm... I would tend to go with a tomb of clear thought, or Charisma. While flying, turning invisible, or a regen ring would be really cool. How long will you keep them with everyone and their dog wanting to take it from you as soon as they know about it.

Of course if I had the lota wishs option I would have to go for it. :)

Remove ads