• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What might the "increase in product" look like?

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
I mean real psionics. ;)
fassbender.jpg

I suspect that Wizards will still be cautious in releasing new player options. The slow drip there is, I think, part of the reason for 5e's success. I could see more settings books - they've already slowly been increasing the number of those (and by increasing, I mean going from 0 to 1 to 2 a year). Shorter adventures would also be a possibility; it'd be easier to increase product when the adventure only spans a handful of sessions, not 1-2 years.

Curse of Strahd Revamped and Beadle & Grimm have shown that there's a market for high end gaming products, so we could also see more of those.

Stormonu

Legend
I think it would be a mistake if they fall into a pattern - that stifles creativity and leads to churn instead of quality. Let them work on what they have a passion for, instead of forcing their small team into the creation of something forced upon them by upper management because "they need a setting/adventure for this quarter's block".

However, they should have enough material that dropping a setting and an adventure should be feasible per year. On the adventure side, I would like to see some smaller product - maybe a couple 128-page/64-page softbound adventures or even the return of occassional 32-page stand alone or linked adventure modules instead of an entire book that is essentially a bunch of modules crammed together with a loose theme (Dragon Heist, Rime and Candlekeep come to mind...).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think we can expect to see more Settings, both classic TSR and Magic, maybe even others. The Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica format, the genre booster pack, is perfect for a marketable and modular approach, giving a cafeteria cornucopia for DMs.

I do suspect that we will see a July book before the September big storyline Adventure (based on the UA testing schedule), in addition to a November book , which is a book every two months...quite an escalation, all things considered.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
a big story arc (no way of guessing -- Rime surprised everyone I think

Actually, we had read the tealeaves and entrails correctly and speculated in the relevant speculation threads they the storyline would be set in Icewind Dale months ahead of time, though the forum consensus was that Mindflayers would be more central.

I think we can expect to see more Settings, both classic TSR and Magic, maybe even others. The Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica format, the genre booster pack, is perfect for a marketable and modular approach, giving a cafeteria cornucopia for DMs.

I do suspect that we will see a July book before the September big storyline Adventure (based on the UA testing schedule), in addition to a November book , which is a book every two months...quite an escalation, all things considered.

A July release would be nice. I wonder if we would get a January release eventually as well, to make it six releases, once every two months? Or would they skip January as it falls in a post-holiday lull...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A July release would be nice. I wonder if we would get a January release eventually as well, to make it six releases, once every two months? Or would they skip January as it falls in a post-holiday lull...

I would think not, because of work schedules and post-holiday purchase pulls would suggest that may be a bit much.

Even every two months the rest of the year seems quite aggressive, but it fits with what WotC has told investors recently.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Now do Candlekeep ;)

Remove ads