• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What module are you running?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The fugitive half of my Midwood campaign is in the very last room of the Dragonfiend Pact (the first $2 adventure from Goodman Games).

No modules for a bit after that, although I'm foreshadowing The Sunken Ziggaraut later on for the hero half, although they're still about three or four levels below that. The fugitives will be entering a slightly beefed-up Freeport Trilogy shortly before that.

boerngrim

Explorer
My players are in the midst of a race to reach Strahd's crypt before he regen's in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Its been fun , challenging and a bit weird. I read up and studied the hardcover for weeks before we started in November. I study up on it before each session, but I still find things happening a bit differently than I expected. The maps have given me a little trouble. Some of the areas look different in the tactical encounter map than they do on the big weird angle maps. I've also had a little trouble keeping track of what stairs come out on what levels and which hallways connect. Overall its been pretty fun though. :)

Thanee

First Post
Still this one... takes a while... ;)

tsr9238.gif

Bye
Thanee

Pants

First Post
Running a modified Hall of Harsh Reflections now.

Spoilers below...

The PC's tore through the doppleganger's hideout fairly quickly. The Invisible Stalker room presented the most difficult challenge. The PC's had never encountered Invisible Stalkers before and certainly weren't expecting them in a doppleganger hideout! The resulting combat lasted nearly an hour as the PC's were knocked around by the stalkers, before finally whittling them down and killing them. Telakin proved to be a semi anti-climactic encounter, though he did manage to down one of the PC's before getting blinded and thoroughly trashed.

I modified the mind flayer's hideout a bit, swapping out the octopins for illithidae and the drow from grimlocks. I also added some phycomids and dusanu to the fungal room. There are, at any time, 5 to 6 PC's in the group so I figured I'd up the challenges a bit. I also replaced the drow cleric with an ogre mage fighter. The vrock got swapped out for a brain golem and the spirit naga I replaced with 5 advanced runehounds. Zyrxog got restatted with an extra level of Psion, so he can manifest some pretty devastating powers, but he doesn't have the hp or longevity of the original Zyrxog.

The PC's tore through the fungal room then they nearly died when the three grimlock barbarians hiding on the ledge ambushed them. One hung back and tossed alchemist's fire at random characters, while the two fighters in the party climbed up and got the crap kicked out of them. By the end of the fight, the two fighters were in the negatives and the party wizard had been lit on fire.

The runehounds went down quickly. Only one vile spew attack actually hit a party member, the others all missed, though they did deal some impressive damage before dying. The runehounds had neither the hp nor the AC to stand toe-to-toe with the two greataxe and glaive-wielding fighters.

Here's hoping the rest of the adventure goes as good. After Hall of Harsh Reflections, then the Great Games can begin!

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm running The Red Hand of Doom. It's going well. I have flipped the last two chapters around, so the characters take out the big bad guy before they go save the city in the big final battle. As much fun as it has been, I'll be ready to go back to shorter, more episodic play soon.

AdonisMayhem

First Post
Just finished Spectre of Sorrows and reading through Price of Courage both of the Dragonlance Age of Mortals Campaign from Sovereign Press. My players seem to be having fun, and the new book is huge. 362 pages is more than any of my other DnD books!

Chupacabra

First Post
I'm running a little gem called "The Keep on the Borderlands". It came in the boxed set with some pre-printed chits numbering from 1 to 20......

Oh wait, this isn't 1981! :D

Zaukrie

New Publisher
A mostly "as is" Sunless Citadel, with more monsters or higher level monsters. Some of my characters are 2nd level, and there are 6 of them. Don't know what I'll run next for this group of youngsters.

I'm currenlty exploring running U1 for my family, as my wife is willing to give this game a try and need an adventure for 3 characters. I think 3 3E characters with maxed out hp can live through that one, though I'm still thinking.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Next week I'll be running Rappan Athuk Reloaded for my old group when I visit Holland over the Xmas break. We hook up two or three times a year and usually play our 10-years-and-counting Dark Ages WoD chronicle, but currently my hat of dice pools know no limit, so I'm giving that a miss in favour of an unkillable poop monster :D.

I've been on a bit of a break from my regular group since the birth of my son a few weeks back, but when we reconvene in the New Year, I'll be running the next module in my homebrew campaign. Their barbarian tribe got ethnically cleansed last session, and now they are hungry for blood. Well, more hungry than normal, that is. I'm also hoping to get my DS game going again, if scheduling permits (we alternate DMs in that group). If so, it'll probably be either Merchant House of Amketch or Asticlian Gambit. Or maybe Cruelly Frame and Kill Members of House Stel Again. We'll see.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads