• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Monsters from Past Editions Would You Like to See in 5E?

Dualazi

First Post
Anything and everything really, I'm a sucker for more monsters. Ideally though I'd like lesser known creatures/types to be brought forward, we have enough demons and undead to last a while, so things like fey and aberrations would be nice. Golems and constructs too, since they're really easy to include in any session where intelligent foes are present and they can be really creative in their appearance and tactics. Likewise it'd be nice to see things like Linnorms make a return, or other alternate dragon types that are different more on body-type than on coloration.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Inevitables.

I mean, done well. The take on the Marut in Mordenkainen's was pretty lame. They're contract-enforcers created by the modrons? WTF? Huge step down from their original incarnation in 3E.

the Jester

Legend
I've done my own conversions of 'em, but I love some weird, obscure monsters. Things like the penangallan, scalamagdrion, aurumvorax, amphisbaena, screaming devilkin, catastrophic dragons, strange oni variants, weird 4e style hybrid elementals, etc.

Remove ads