• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What not yet published concept are you hoping for?

chromeraven

First Post
New old campaign settings.Specifically: Al-Qadim, Dark Sun, Red Steel
New new campaign settings. Specifically: the 2 they've been sitting on since Eberron.

Psionics.
Ki not to equal "asian."

the standard more equipment, feats, powers, classes etc

Zander

Explorer
RACES
Half-orc
Half-ogre
Centaur
Satyr

CLASSES
Druid
Barbarian
Illusionist
Swashbuckler
Occidental style monk/Friar

MONSTERS
Centaur
Pegasus
Clay golem
Frost giant
Merfolk
More fey

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Illusionists. 4E is very light on abilities and powers that aren't about kicking someone's ass. True illusionist abilities -- the illusionist wizard powers in Dragon are still about kicking ass, and not trickery -- are very much needed.

I agree, I'd like to see an Illusionist that has a different feel than a Wizard whose spells do Psychic damage.

And I’d love to see a Binder class that has the same feel that they had in Tome of Magic.

And a Wild Mage.

And a Summoner that is easy to use but still has a Summoner feel. (I never use Summon Monster spells in 3.x because it slowed the game down too much to be enjoyable to me.)

fba827

Adventurer
update of previous tally....

adding things up ..

Note: I did not try to interpret people's thoughts to try and get things to conform to the list, so some ideas are similar but not necessarily the same.

Here is what we have so far ....

CLASSES
* Druid (shapeshifting and spells) 8
* Nature-spell caster (entangles, lightning strike, gusts of wind, etc - like druid but without heavy focus on shapeshifting) 3
* Shapeshifter 2
* Barbarian 6
* Two-handed Striker (possibly barbarian) 1
* Swordmage 5
* Bladesinger 1
* Arcane Strike (ala arcane duelist) 1
* Unarmored arcane based melee striker 1
* Divine Striker 1
* Necromancer 7
* Summoner 5
* Magically-powered Leader classes 1
* Psions 4
* Shaper Psions 1
* Soul Knives 2
* Monk 4
* Dwarven Defender 2
* Wild Mage 2
* Bard 2
* Illusionist 3
* Illusionist (using trickery, not direct damage) 2
* Artificer 1
* Archivist (as a divine leader, pure caster with dark knowledge) 1
* More controllers 1
* Swashbuckler 1
* Occidental style monk/friar 1
* Binder (like from tome of magic) 1

POWER SOURCES
* Elemental Power Source 3
* Pscionics 7
* Ki 2
* Ki (but specifically not equal to "asian" theme/flavor) 1
* Primal 2
* Shadow 1

PC RACES
* Gnoll 2
* Goliaths 3
* Shadar-kai 1
* warforged (complete treatment) 2
* changeling/doppleganer 1
* kalashtar 1
* shifter 1
* half-orc 2
* Half-orge 1
* Gnome 1
* Orc 1
* Giant race 1
* tiny fae 1
* centaur 1
* satyr 1

MISC
* Fluff 5
* Red Steel/Savage Coast 2
* Dark Sun 1
* Al-Qadim 2
* Grafts 1
* Gestalt Rules 1
* Wishes (done generically) 1
* More available options (feats, classes, weapons, powers, paragon paths, etc) 5
* Metallic Dragons 1
* More/Better Multiclassing options 1
* Modrons 1
* Time Travel Rules 1
* Racial Paragon Paths 1
* dragomarks 1
* channel divinity options for eberron deities 1
* paragon paths for eberron organizations 1
* expandion of rituals (including alchemy/technology/science based rituals)
* Brand new campaign settings 1
* centaur 1
* pegasus 1
* clay golem 1
* frost giant 1
* merfolk 1
* more fey 1

And, of course it is safe to say that some people may not have mentioned things that were implied or already-known-to-be-released soon (i.e. primal power source isn't ranked high but considering the number of nature/druid/barbarian classes being hoped for, I'd say it's implied for many more)

Corjay

First Post
I never played 3e (No interest), and I dropped out of 2e early on, so I don't know if they ever did one. But for 4e, I'd like to see a Trapper. Someone like Shazaar from Lady Hawk. I could see some good use for that in a creature-heavy game like D&D.

I also like the Warder concept that was entered into the Enwiki. It needs some serious tweaking, but it's a good, solid concept.

Last edited:

Monk. By far, this is my #1 must have to be happy character concept.

Two character concepts that I've always wanted D+D to have but I have never found done well are tinker and mathemagician. And it would be nice to have a bard again.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
I'll try to keep this to a short-ish list, since its way too late for me to still be tapping away at the laptop.

Classes:

-Druid: Every player in my campaign as well as myself wanted to play a druid in one of the upcoming campaigns. I've always loved the class though admit I used the modified PHBII version the most.
-Monk: I can see some serious potential here.
-Psionic classes: All of them, really. Though I'll stick with just Psions here. I loved the 3.5 psionic rules so much I replaced mages with them (modifying a few things along the way).
-Swordmage: I've loved the concept quite a bit.
-Necromancer: I'll echo here that I'd really love to see a necromancer class that uses more Necrotic damage, undead summoning and bolstering. And generally dark rituals for creating and modifying undead.
-Shaman-esque: Some kind of shaman-esque style caster. Like a Witch Doctor or tribal caster. This could, in theory, be covered by the druid, but why not have a class like the shaman in the OA book?

Races:

-Centaur: My campaign world has had a good amount of centaurs in it from time to time.
-Gnoll: I'd definitely like a gnoll write up akin to the Warforged one.
-Gnome: Especially now that they're more 'fey' like. I'll be replacing halflings with Gnomes once the full write ups on them are out.
-Minotaur: I like the ancient Greek theme, I admit it.

Setting:

Oriental Adventures: I loved the OA book even if I mostly just used it for both ideas and classes. I liked the Shaman quite a bit, and loved the varied powers for monks and Ki focus and whatnot.

Al-Qadim: I have always loved the varied culture that the setting could cover. I'd love to see things expand out into even Egyptian themes stemming from the Mid-Eastern themes. I have an upcoming campaign that I plan on starting in an ancient Mid-East/Egyptian area.

Dark Sun: Yep, I loved the themes of this campaign setting.

Planescape: Loved.. LOVED this setting. I wish it got more support than it did, but I loved the almost Euro-feel fantasy that this had and the various factions represented. I admit it might be hard to run without the alignment being rounded out more, but it really was a refreshingly new setting that opened doors (no pun intended) to pretty much any other setting out there that you wanted.

Misc:

Various Power sources: Ki, Elemental, Shadow, All that jazz.

That's all I have for now.

Corjay

First Post
brad. You know: "a slender wire nail with a small barrel-shaped head." —Webster's Dictionary.

Why the hell it's needed in D&D I have no flippin' clue. :p

Remove ads