• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What OGL 5E products are you the most interested in?

What OGL 5E products are you the most interested in?

• Mechanical splat books (new feats, classes, etc.)

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Standalone adventures (Single modules)

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • Adventure Paths (Full campaigns)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Campaign Source Books

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Compilation / Ezines / Web Material

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I often buy a mixture of 3rd party material.

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I never buy 3rd party material.

Votes: 13 11.8%

Astrosicebear

First Post
What OGL 5E products are you the most interested in?

Once the 5E OGL (assuming it gets released as OGL) hits, and 3rd party publishers start producing content, what kind of content are you most likely to consume and actually purchase?

1. Mechanical splat books (new feats, classes, etc.)

2. Standalone adventures (Single modules)

3. Adventure Paths (Full campaigns)

4. Campaign Source Books

5. Compilation / Ezines / Web Material

6. I often buy a mixture of 3rd party material.

7. I never buy 3rd party material.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
8. Non-adventure DM material.

Traps, monsters, puzzles, things I call pull out when the players go in directions I wasn't expecting or to use to flesh out my own adventures.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I play pathfinder. So I have enough official material and don't buy 3rd party stuffs. But if 5th ed has a slow release schedule I'll probably go to mechanic stuffs I will not replace official settings or my homebrew. I could like a book with interesting archetypes, a bunch of backgrounds and feats. a few options on already existing archetype, and a few dozen spells. Obviously monsters are always welcome. Traps, poisons, deseases, random tables, and little systems would be nice too.

I don't want adventures since I can't put them in my settings without changing stuffs, and i don't like that.
I can add monsters and stuffs easily to an existing setting. But I have tons of books and stuffs from past editions, maybe I could use one or two big books for each one to actualize rules and particular mechanics from that setting. But I don't want a new setting without been sure it have support.
Those are my caprices.

Last edited:

Astrosicebear

First Post
Feel free to post the best 3PP stuff you have ever purchased.

Also post if there is anything special you are waiting for with 5E 3PP.

A 5E full conversion of Zeitgeist is right at the top of my list.

Authweight

First Post
I would be most interested in adventures and adventure paths. I'm generally pretty skeptical of third party mechanical stuff, but third party adventures are often superior to what the big publishers do.

JTorres

First Post
Also post if there is anything special you are waiting for with 5E 3PP.

After having pored through 5th Edition Foes, I'm very much hoping for a 5th edition version of Tome of Horrors Complete. I'm also hoping that Richard Baker's work on the Starter Set and on Princes of the Apocalypse means his system mastery of the 5th edition rules will be used towards a 5th edition port of Primeval Thule. I'm also hoping to see 5th edition renditions of Southlands and some 5th edition stuff for Parsantium.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
If I had my druthers, I'd prefer Adventure Paths (of the Pathfinder variety and quality), but, really, what I prefer the most is not quantity of 3PP products, but rather their quality. I don't want questionable mechanics, I don't want things that only work in a single setting because they're written in a way to overshadow everything else (I'm looking at you, White Wolf's Exalted). Really, I'll buy a lot of it if its good and worth buying, regardless of what it actually is--I can find a way to put it in somewhere. If its bad, it'll just annoy me, because I know I'll get that special snowflake that'll want a special class from one 3PP book that's so broken/stupid that it'll make me want to hurt things (again--I'm looking at your, Exalted; yes, I know there weren't any Exalted 3PP products, but that doesn't change the fact that each new book brought out more special stuff that made the other stuff broken, lackluster, or otherwise defunct; re: Infernals).

A 5E full conversion of Zeitgeist is right at the top of my list.

I also would enjoy this, but I've already planned on converting it if they don't.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads