• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What OGL 5E products are you the most interested in?

What OGL 5E products are you the most interested in?

• Mechanical splat books (new feats, classes, etc.)

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Standalone adventures (Single modules)

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • Adventure Paths (Full campaigns)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Campaign Source Books

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Compilation / Ezines / Web Material

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I often buy a mixture of 3rd party material.

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I never buy 3rd party material.

Votes: 13 11.8%

redrick

First Post
It seems like WoTC is planning on making adventure paths their main output over the next year or two. So, if I wanted to run an AP, I'd probably start with one of the official ones, even if I need to go to the internet for suggestions on ways to improve them.

I love stand-alone adventure modules and have been getting a lot of enjoyment out of using old D&D modules in my 5th edition game already. Well-written adventures (or conversions of existing adventures), with functioning 5e mechanics, magic items, etc, are very likely to end up in my library and hopefully at my table. I'm especially interested in some good short adventures that are meant to be run in 3 or fewer sessions, because I'd like some for plugging holes in a campaign, using as a lead-in, etc.

I'd also buy a Eurasian/Eastern European themed campaign setting if anybody put together a good one for 5e. I have distant plans of using the Ars Magica Kievan Rus' sourcebook as the basis for a D&D campaign.

ceiling90

First Post
The only time I ever bought 3PP was Iron Kingdoms and Amethyst.

It stands to reason, I want both to be in 5e, but Iron Kingdoms is now running it's RPG rules set, and I really hope that Amethyst gets an OGL or GSL. Oo maybe Ultramodern 4 - Ultra Modern 5!

I think what I really want, is someone to write a 5e campaign equivalent to Shadowrun, Nova Praxis or Mindjammer or something that is suitably sci-fi and leaves behind the medieval/fantasy genre altogether - even if that means there's a complete set of rules that won't work with any other campaign. I'm so incredibly alright with that. I want something that identifies and separates the Campaign Setting from the variety of generic kitchen sink fantasy settings out there.

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
The only time I ever bought 3PP was Iron Kingdoms and Amethyst.

It stands to reason, I want both to be in 5e, but Iron Kingdoms is now running it's RPG rules set, and I really hope that Amethyst gets an OGL or GSL. Oo maybe Ultramodern 4 - Ultra Modern 5!

Ultramodern 5 is expected to be OGL. Both it and Amethyst will be converted to 5th Edition.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
8. Non-adventure DM material.

Traps, monsters, puzzles, things I call pull out when the players go in directions I wasn't expecting or to use to flesh out my own adventures.

This. There is always lots of room for advice and resources.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
5e isn't different enough from d20 to make the prospect of an OGL at all exciting.
I don't think "excitement" is what people want.

I think the reason people want an OGL is so that third-party publishers will not fear being sued for creating new products. We want new, fun stuff explicitly useful for 5E.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I don't think "excitement" is what people want.

I think the reason people want an OGL is so that third-party publishers will not fear being sued for creating new products. We want new, fun stuff explicitly useful for 5E.
Two 3pps have already put out 5e products, using the d20 OGL. WotC can be late with the 5e OGL, they can decide not to do it, they could even make it foolishly restrictive like the GSL (though, probably not, since they are /calling/ it an OGL), and we could still get plenty of 5e-useable d20 OGL product. Worst case, the folks making it have to pretend it's not really for 5e. They could label it 'for use with the world's #1 RPG,' and sell it to both D&D and Pathfinder fans.

But, sure, the aire of officialdom would be nice to have.

Remove ads