• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What PHB3 Classes stand out to you?

Felon

First Post
My issue is the heavy armor. This guy treads heavily into warlord territory as is... did he need to be draped in chain from the get go? The armored psi-warrior, to me anyways, is what the Battlemind does. I can run with the Jedi analogy to a point, but with the Ardent traipsing in heavy armor as well, that sorta crowds the BM and upsets my concept of the Ardent to boot.
Wow, does heavy armor justification really still come up anymore? That's almost quaint.

As a general rule, if you don't make use of Dex or Int at all, you get heavy armor. Which of course means that you should steer clear of Dex and Int using classes, because in the post-AV game of D&D, being the super-nimble 22 Dex acrobat is no match for the 10 Dex plate-encrusted tank. Just like old times again.

Kinneus

Explorer
Which of course means that you should steer clear of Dex and Int using classes, because in the post-AV game of D&D, being the super-nimble 22 Dex acrobat is no match for the 10 Dex plate-encrusted tank. Just like old times again.
Really now? I've heard pretty much exactly the opposite.... that heavy armor users couldn't match light armor users with high Dex or Int in terms of AC. Although I do admit to never thinking to ask those who claimed so to prove it...

Drevvin

First Post
So they're like a shonen protagonist?

We will defeat the all-powerful evil dragon because we have strong emotions and an invincible friendship!

OMG That is so good now you just need to add a "Ohhhhh" at the end and you would get the Cachemon episode of South Park lol

Destil

Explorer
Really now? I've heard pretty much exactly the opposite.... that heavy armor users couldn't match light armor users with high Dex or Int in terms of AC. Although I do admit to never thinking to ask those who claimed so to prove it...

It comes down to a few... powerful (I was tempted to say broken) feats/items/paragon paths/destinies in general. And investment. Last I looked you were still getting the most with Hide but you needed a 20 Int/Dex to do so.

Most classes these days let you switch your AC stat if you don't light armor and don't use Dex/Int. The few that don't and have to work for heavy armor (i.e. don't already want both strength and con) are actually the only real AC issue.

holywhitetrash

First Post
i honestly hate you all
seeker is the worst class ever
it punched martial straight in the go nads
also it is just an ecoterrorist
i'm surprised it doesn't have a ring that when combined with 4 other rings summons a superpowered elemental who also happens to be a captain

~ This clearly isn't the thread for you then. Threadbanned. Admin ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Prestidigitalis

First Post
i honestly hate you all
i'm surprised it doesn't have a ring that when combined with 4 other rings summons a superpowered elemental who also happens to be a captain

Please stop and look around you. If you see a small orange bottle with a white cap, it probably contains your meds. Take them and report back to us.

abyssaldeath

First Post
i honestly hate you all
An then we shall sing.

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"

Benlo

First Post
Monk and Runepriest look great, Seeker looks fun if perhaps not the strongest or anything, Battlemind needs work, Ardent and Psion I haven't looked at much so I couldn't really tell you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads