• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What Product Do You Wish They Sold For D&D

Sithlord

Adventurer
So, going to echo a few things I have seen upthread, but what I wish for ...

5E Monster Manual II - I like Volo's and Mordenkainen's guides, but a pure monster book would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I could dig up at least 15 - 20 monsters from previous editions that could fit into 5E nicely that are not yet updated. Yes, I can do it, but life is busy and I would prefer to spend my time doing some world-building and plot development rather than figuring out stats.

5E Deities & Demigods - Maybe not quite the full 1E reproduction/treatment, but a good book that has the main fictional pantheons (Eberron, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Krynn) plus maybe 3 or 4 fictionalized real-world pantheons (Egyptian, Greek, Mesopotamian & Norse are likely the least problematic in terms of cultural appropriation claims, might get away with Celtic). Take all of those and provide say 1 page per deity, with some baseline ideas on dogma, holy texts, holy days, major servants, basic mythology. On top of that, you add an intro on how to integrate fictionalized religion into a campaign, with perhaps some campaign hooks that could link into multiple pantheons presented in the books. Basically, expand on the brief section on religion in the DMG.

Adventure Map Folios/Packs - Give us one for each of the adventure books they create. Higher quality than some of the maps in the books. They do not even have to be poster size in all cases, as I can use 8.5 x 11 map sheets for certain smaller encounters.

Greyhawk Campaign Setting - No nostalgia here as I never owned any of the previous boxed sets/versions. I was around in the 80s heyday, but home brew and Known World was where things were at. I still home brew, but everything I have read about Greyhawk has inspired ideas. I would disagree with some of Gygax's ideas (some of the racial groups are a bit problematic now when it comes to current cultural understanding), but there is a lot to loot in terms of inspiration. No further support is needed either. Create a version with a nice poster map (or even better, a huge map to buy separately) and let people take the nostalgia, or a new place to adventure, and then move on to other things. DM's Guild could provide all further support.

Cheers :)
Nice

I would want a deities and demigods for 5E only if they brought back specialty priests for the different gods.

HippyCraig

Explorer
Not necessarily a book (although it could be).

What product would you really love to have for your D&D games that doesn't exist? It can be realistic or pie in the sky.

I want a PACK -- Procedural Adventure Construction Kit. I want an app that allows me to input preferences, player character information, and other information that then spits out a procedurally generated adventure. I want to be able to flip some switches and check some boxes to direct the generation, and I want it to be persistent: it should remember what kinds of adventures it has produced and even where they took place on the region map. I would want to be able to give it feedback and even indicate if an NPC or villain or whatever survived (so they might show up again in a future adventure).

I ant this so much I have worked on the idea off and on for years trying to create tables that would do this (I don't know wanything about programming). It seems possible, but daunting.

What do you wish they made for D&D?
Check out world anvil. It’s not going to generate what your describing for you but it’s a good place to start your writing and the different article types have prompts and fields on them to inspire you

Ganders

Explorer
d4 dice that are less pointy and easier to roll.
It can be done various ways; truncated tetrahedron and rhombic dodecahedron are some of the more obvious ones.

LoganRan

Explorer
I tried 5e and then stopped because magic is rampant in the system. Therefore, I would love to see a "low magic" splat book released which provides guidance on how to reconfigure the game to strip away much of the magic in the game but maintain balance between the classes (a futile endeavor I'm sure).

Playing a Conan/Hyborian Age or Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser style game is my ultimate goal and I wish D&D would provide a decent way of doing that.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I tried 5e and then stopped because magic is rampant in the system. Therefore, I would love to see a "low magic" splat book released which provides guidance on how to reconfigure the game to strip away much of the magic in the game but maintain balance between the classes (a futile endeavor I'm sure).

Playing a Conan/Hyborian Age or Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser style game is my ultimate goal and I wish D&D would provide a decent way of doing that.
Adventures in Middle Earth holders very close.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
d4 dice that are less pointy and easier to roll.
It can be done various ways; truncated tetrahedron and rhombic dodecahedron are some of the more obvious ones.
I had several 8 sided I repainted the sides on. Alas, they seem to have disappeared into the void along with my d30, or I would show a picture.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads