• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Property That Has Never Had A TTRPG Adaptation Deserves one?

Question for the ENW group mind in this thread...

There are a couple of "portal fantasy" RPGs, Die RPG in particular comes to mind. With a reskin (published or homebrew), perhaps it could suffice for Narnia, Neverending Story, Quag Keep etc etc. Perhaps. Or perhaps a sufficiently popular system like 5e or Year Zero Engine could suffice. Or maybe each variation of portal fantasy needs its own specific system. I use portal fantasy as an example, but this would apply across several of the properties mentioned here. Like for

So do people want a setting/adventure in an existing system? Or do people want a bespoke game for a setting/property?

Don't forget the Konosuba TTRPG

Radaceus

Adventurer
Philip Jose Farmer's 'Dungeon' series

Jack Chalker's 'Wellworld' series ( or even his ' One Million Fausts')

Peirs Anthony 'Apprentice Adept' series (I believe a Xanth RPG was made, i know they made a Xanth Board game: but IMO, the Adept series is a better RPG source)

Fred Saberhagen's Books of Sword's

Road Warrior using an RPG revision of the 80s classic 'Car Wars'

Cordwainer Smith's 'Instrumentality of Mankind/Norstrillia'

agrayday

Explorer
  • Zelda
  • Narnia
  • Jonny Quest
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Resident Evil
  • Appleseed
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Chronicles of Prydain
  • Matrix
  • Final Fantasy (there is one being made in Japan, not sure if it will get an English release)
  • Harry Potter
  • The Atlas Six
  • The Mortal Instruments
Friday the 13th TV series has proven to be a good influence on our MOTW games. :)

Staffan

Legend
I would absolutely love to see both The Avengers and Sapphire and Steel as RPG settings. i suppose The Avengers could be done with a good Spy game with a swinging 60s supplement. Sapphire and Steel needs some good horror/timetravel/psionics rules.
Avengers/The Saint/The Persuaders-style investigation/espionage is, while not the default mode, definitely supported in the Troubleshooters.

reelo

Hero
  • Zelda
  • Narnia
  • Jonny Quest
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Resident Evil
  • Appleseed
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Chronicles of Prydain
  • Matrix
  • Final Fantasy (there is one being made in Japan, not sure if it will get an English release)
  • Harry Potter
  • The Atlas Six
  • The Mortal Instruments
Friday the 13th TV series has proven to be a good influence on our MOTW games. :)
For Zelda you might wanna try "Heroes of Cerulia" by Bläckfisk Publishing.

e28d11f612946464a9fd2ce469233471.jpg

Remove ads