• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What race is the Wizard in your group? (take II)

What race is the wizard (not sorcerer or other variant) in your group?

• Human

Votes: 169 44.8%
  • Dwarf (phb)

Votes: 43 11.4%
  • Elf (high/phb)

Votes: 50 13.3%
  • Elf (gray, sun)

Votes: 44 11.7%
  • Elf (other)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • Gnome (phb)

Votes: 37 9.8%
  • Gnome (other)

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Halfling (phb)

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Halfling (other)

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Half-Elf (phb)

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Half-Orc (phb)

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • No wizard in group

Votes: 59 15.6%

Illvillainy

First Post
Let's see, wizards in the campaigns I play or have played in recently are: -

# A human evoker (Mulan from Thay);
# A human transmuter (Vaasan from the Dalelands);
# My air genasi wizard (originally extraplanar in origin but spent most of his adult life in Calimshan).

Only elves that have been played are a moon elf rogue and my wood elf ranger/druid.

JoeBlank

Explorer
diaglo's response speaks for 2 campaigns I play in, his OD&D game and Olgar's 3.5 game.

In my online game we have a human wizard. We have had, in the past, a dwarf fighter/wizard and one of the first PCs was an elf wizard. They are both dearly departed.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Our High levell group went through a gnome illusionist, elven mystic theurge, and a human wizard /cook by the end of the campaign we only had a sorcrer. We averaged 1 death per game, and the wizard/cook retired after 3 of them, the theurge was eaten by a Balor.
(the damage lised in sig. was part of our revenge for this act)

In the new Campaign I am trying a gnome enchanter.

Stockdale

First Post
In the last two fantasy campaigns I've been involved with I have played human wizards -- a 2rog/7wiz in Greyhawk and 4wiz in Eberron (but he thinks he's a Dwarf). I have found that despite the favored class and all that for elves, the extra feat and skill points provided by being human are a better selection, particularily for magic using classes.

Mercule

Adventurer
The campaign I DM has a human wizard and a (mostly) human warlock, converted from wizard when CAr was released.

The last game in which I played, I played a human Rogue 4/Thief-Acrobat 5/Wiz 1. Otherwise, no wizard.

Kweezil

Caffeinated Reprobate
No wizard in our primary game, but we have an enchantment-focused sorcerer. Since the rest of the group are all divine casters of one form or another (Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Ranger/Cleric), we're a little odd anyway. :)

Corsair

First Post
I play a middle-aged grey elf wizard7/loremistress2 (I'm a munchkin).

In the same party, we have a gnome wizard5/summoner4 (summoner is the DMs homebrew class)
We also have a pixie rogue3/wizard2

Mystery Man

First Post
My group has two multiclassed sorcerers. One is half elf and the other human. One elven wizard two levels higher whipped their ass pretty good last game session. As a result of seeing what a true wizard can do, I can see someone taking a wizard class next campaign. Though my players tend towards human.

Remove ads