• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG books are the Gems of your collection?

DonAdam

Explorer
diaglo said:
i was fifth in line. ;)

You remember the guy with the video camera with the strong bad shirt? We were sitting in line (having intentionally set ourselves up next to the white wolf booth) for over an hour before the doors opened.

Right as they open, this guy gets in my face and starts asking me questions.

I answered them as quickly as possible, and, fortunately for me, the crowd gunning for AU all went the wrong way.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
My 1e Deities and Demigods with the Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythos... in MINT condition. I got it from a guy who bought it from a guy who's girlfriend didn't want him playing D&D. I paid him 5 bux for it in 1986.

diaglo

Adventurer
DonAdam said:
You remember the guy with the video camera with the strong bad shirt? We were sitting in line (having intentionally set ourselves up next to the white wolf booth) for over an hour before the doors opened.

Right as they open, this guy gets in my face and starts asking me questions.

I answered them as quickly as possible, and, fortunately for me, the crowd gunning for AU all went the wrong way.

i bought two copies for guys behind me wanting to go to another booth. they gave me their coupons for the free mini as payment on top of paying for my book for doing it for them.

i met them over at the other booth.

2 complete strangers throwing money in my lap and free minis.

i guess i looked honest. :heh:

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Here's my list:

IKCG
IKWG
Monsternomicon
Denizens of Avadnu
Chaositech
Minions: Revisited
Arcana Evolved
D20 Modern
Darwin's World 2
Star Wars Revised Core Rules
Ultimate Alien Anthology
Fiend Folio (3E)
Mutants and Masterminds
Horizons: Spellslinger

Kane

KaosDevice

Explorer
Well my flagship is my green leather bound, elder sign embossed Call of Cthulhu anniversary edition rule book. I get misty eyed just touching it.

After that it would be D20 Farscape
Babylon 5 Pocket Players handbook (might have to buy another of these)
My D&D white box set with Blackmoor, Dieties and Demi Gods & Chainmail booklets
:D

KB9JMQ

First Post
1. Efreeti Covered DMG
2. Original Red Box Set
3. Keith Baker signed Eberron CS
4. Monte Cook signed Arcana Unearthed
5. Tac-Tiles
6. My first Gamer's Bag Chainmail bag with all my sentimental dice in it (It was stolen btw)
7. My Piratecat signed Of Sound Mind
8. The first character sheets of my two boys (6 & 3) who just started playing.

Wombat

First Post
Ah, the truly wonderful books!

My Three Little Books, OD&D, recieved on Labor Day Weekend, 1975 -- they got me out of wargaming and into the wide, wonderful world of rpgs that I have played ever since!
RuneQuest, 2nd ed -- got me away from D&D until 3e came out. The notion that you don't need classes, that skills are important, and that even a "high level" character can die to a single blow is fantastic. :)
Ars Magica, 1st-5th editions -- yep, all five. Love this game to tears. :)
Paranoia, 2nd ed -- come on, it still is a great fun read! Stay alert! Trust No one! Keep your laser handy! :p
Blue Planet, 2nd ed -- just mind-boggling, the sheer number of possibilities in it! I love this!
Book of the Righteous -- probably the single finest supplement to 3.x D20; even the core books did not do as much for my imagination!

There are a lot of other good ones out there, but these are the core, the best of the best. :)

realmprotector

Explorer
My list would be:

Planes of Conflict
LC1 Gateway to Ravens Bluff
Thick box edition of Ruins of Myth Drannor
last but not least an TSR office copy of City of Splendors box set signed by John Rateliff.
As an side topic my 1981 hydra AD&D pencil sharpener

Of course I love all my books :D

Attachments

• IM000667.JPG
    IM000667.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Zander

Explorer
Fantasy Role Playing Games
I was passing a 2nd hand bookstore when I had this strange urge that I'd find something interesting within. Sure enough, there was a copy of this book simply waiting for me to get it! I didn't even know it existed until that moment.

My 1E PHB.
Ahh, the memories.

My signed copy of Warlock of Firetop Mountain.
Not an RPG per se but more than any other book, this one got me into RPGs.

Darksword Adventures
How could I not like a game in which I'm (sort of) mentioned? :p

Remove ads