• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG Products Have You Gotten Recently?

beepeearr

First Post
Mutants & Masterminds 3E and GM Guide (Using them to run my fantasy game)

Streets, Sewers, and Building of Malifeaux really, really cool modular terrain

the WotC Swampy Dungeon tiles, forgot the actual name

Might pick up Bestiary III from Paizo to do some conversions.

Before that last RPG products bought was the Essentials line.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Minis, paints, more minis, and an Air Hogs Crossfire -
pTRU1-8934287dt.jpg

Being painted up as a Vertibird for my tabletop Fallout game.

The Auld Grump

Quickleaf

Legend
I gifted Witchlight Fens Dungeon Tiles to a friend; they're quite pretty and really good for a slightly wooded swamp/moors.

And I was surprised when a fellow I game with gifted me a Galeforce 9 vinyl poster map of a marketplace ...I think it's the same map as the one that came with Seekers of the Ashen Crown. Really nice.

For my own game I bought Fantastic Maps: Clockwork Maze for under $3 at RPGNow; it came with maptools files and jpegs I could manipulate. Perfect for the party's trip to Mechanus.

NiTessine

Explorer
Everway - an early Christmas present from a friend. It's a crime how I haven't yet had time to read its booklets from cover to cover, but it is a fascinating and beautiful game. This is a mid-90s diceless storygame designed by Jonathan Tweet, released by Wizards of the Coast and bought by pretty much nobody. I'll be running it in the near future.

Carcosa - Lamentations of the Flame Princess' reprint of one of the controversial RPG products of 2008. My review of the book is here: Review: Carcosa Worlds in a Handful of Dice

Isle of the Unknown - from the writer of Carcosa, a rather inoffensive and very weird sandbox setting in glorious full colour, with oodles of oddball monsters. Haven't yet had time to delve into it.

The Jade Regent Adventure Path - I have a subscription to Paizo's adventure paths, and thus far Jade Regent has not disappointed. I am slated to run it for my old Rise of the Runelords group once our Serpent's Skull campaign wraps up.

NiTessine

Explorer
I must add to my previous post, for I sorta accidentally bought more stuff.

Elhendi - a Finnish roleplaying game from 1993, written by Nordic, the father of Finnish roleplaying. Actually, it's an updated version of an even older RPG called Rapier. It's your run-of-the-mill D&D-ish fantasy, except all PCs are elves, and the available classes are elven warrior, elven mage and elven ranger. The production values are low, but I kinda like the art style. There's also an amusing random generation chart for adventures. I'm a sucker for random generators.

It works like this, actually. First, we roll a d10 (always 1d10) to see who gives us this important mission. Two - a local chieftain. He requests that we (*roll* 9.) hide (*roll* 8.) a specific domestic animal, currently possessed by (*roll* 7.) a wandering ranger, who is currently in (*roll* 1.) a dangerous marshland or forest. Should they accomplish this task, they shall be amply rewarded with (*roll* 10.)... death or imprisonment.

Methinks it'd be time to see about the local chieftain's son's administrative and leadership skills.

Also, I bought Pohjoismaat - Lähdekirja, which translates as The Nordic Countries - A Sourcebook. It's a sourcebook for Twilight: 2000 that's only available in Finnish, written by Joona Vanio and Janne Kemppi in 1990 and one of three such original books for the game, the other two being the sourcebook Erikoisjoukot (Special Forces) and the adventure Kööpenhaminaan (To Copenhagen).

It's pretty much what it says on the tin, and describes what happened to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland when the Cold War turned hot in 1995. It's well written, though it's understandably aged rather badly.

Remove ads