• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Should I Buy At My Flgs????

kanithardm

First Post
Im going to my FLGS tommorow and i have $50, and my birthday is next month so i only have to get the essentials. I wanted Three Dragon Ante($15) and War of the Dragon Queen minis ($20), i wanted to know any suggestions on a third item as well wat i sould get for my birthday. I am eyeing the $75 dollar colossal red dragon but thats out of my budget.

Last edited:

kanithardm

First Post
O and what was the whole War Drums fiasco because i took a boards break and i didnt buy the minis so i have no idea what it was. I heard about it from the on War of the Dragon Wueen thread.

Storyteller01

First Post
Don't be shameful, be shameless!! :)

Depends on your store. Pegasus hobbies has a clearance rack (25% to 75%, depending on the rack) so I get what looks interesting. Lots of good material for relatively cheap.

I save money for things that won't drop much in price (thinking of starting up Warhammer 40,000, and I don't buy much WotC).

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
kanithardm said:
I was kind of looking for adventures and books, but i think i want Red Hand of Doom.
If you are looking for adventures, then Red Hand of Doom is good choice. I've recently started running it and the players seem to be enjoying it almost as much as I am :]. Plus there is some good overlap between the WotDQ minis and the creatures in RHoD.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
kanithardm said:
O and what was the whole War Drums fiasco because i took a boards break and i didnt buy the minis so i have no idea what it was. I heard about it from the on War of the Dragon Wueen thread.

The paint jobs sucked. There were several rares whose paintjob was about as detailed as a common from Underdark, with several colours missing compared to the poster pictures. And the Frost Dwarf was nothing short of a crime. It looks like it was dipped into colour rather than have it applied with a brush.

War of the Dragon Queen doesn't have that problem, most of the figures look decent (there are complaints about the Whitespawn Hordeling, but that's at least a common).

So you could get some WotDQ boosters, the figures rock (don't get Nightmare boosters, due to some big FUBAR they almost never contain any huge rares.), and Fantastic Locations are neat, too (you get skirmish maps, and you get a short adventure complete with minis-scale maps for all encounters). I don't have Red Hand of Doom, but I hear it is good.

Remove ads