• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should I do with my followers?

Veven1290

First Post
My E6 Bard1/Crusader4/Warblade 1 is taking leadership! Eventually i will have a leadership score of 18 and taking the close cohort feat. This will give me a 5th level Cohort, 1 4th and 1 3rd lvl follower, 3 2nd level followers, and 35 1st level followers. I really don't know what to do with them! The cohort is going to be a Cloistered cleric but i dunno about anybody else.

The character is a Neutral good Dragonborn of Bahamut. He eventually wants to found his own city state. He has a low wisdom so i think the cleric will act as my advisor but I want to do something cooler with my followers than just putting them on guard duty. Do you guys have any cool ideas as to how i can put 35 1st level characters with yet to be determined classes (I doubt i can pick them all) to good use.

Pergentile

Explorer
Sex party.
This
Ouch my ribs...

Having your followers die is bad for your leadership score.
Have them build you a fortress. Not just a regular castle, but a monstrosity of a structure, build into the side of a mountain, with stone walls hundreds of feet high, and tunnels burrowing all the way through the mountain. Name it Mount *Insert your name here*, Pillar of Righteousness and Capital City of the *Insert what you call your followers here* people. Get dragons to come live in your mountain.

Also, don't forget the sex party idea. You can never have too many sex parties... magic that can heal STD's ftw!

libermortis

First Post
if you want to build a city state you need to make a settelment on unclaimed land, on a spot thats easy to defend, but at the same time have land to support a city with farming, hunting ore somting like that.
at the same time you need to consider what natural resouces there is for wehn the city grows larger.

1: find unclamed land with natural resources

2: start building a stronghold

3: attract people, build a road to the city

4: make political connections with nations nearby.

but dont take leadership unless it fits realy well to the character, and the campaign

Gilladian

Adventurer
Being your guards is EXACTLY what followers are for.

Although, if you're wanting to found a city-state, maybe you want a bunch of rangers and woodsmen, who can go out to an area of unclaimed wilderness and build a small fort there, start clearing a road back to civilization, and then begin recruiting villagers to go live there.

So a mix of guards, rangers, woodsmen, maybe some basic craftspeople, and maybe a bard or two to help spread the word of your new place.

And YOU will get to be the one(s) (if your fellow pcs help) running around stomping out all the "real trouble" and doing the politicking necessary to keep it all rolling.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Cheezy answer: Warlocks. With ranged touch attacks they might actually hit something and that is 35d6 damage per round! :)

Shadow answer: Spy network.

Realistic answer: Yeah, building and staffing the monastery sounds good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads