• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What shows got canceled before they had a chance....

TanisFrey

First Post
Pielorinho said:
I had no idea there was any love out there for Kindred! I was a humongous White Wolf fanboy back in the day, and so I was looking forward to this show for a couple of years before its release.

And then I saw an episode of it, and by the end of it, we were calling it Kindred: the Embarrassed. I HATED it, and was delighted when it was cancelled.

Of course, there's just the eensiest possibility that I took myself too seriously back in the day....

Daniel
We in Buffalo's gaming group called Kindred: 90210

John Crichton

First Post
GrayLinnorm said:
Angel.
I don't get it. The show had gotten its best ratings, and the WB cancels it, yet they keep the unfunny and unpopular What I Like About You (one of the lowest rated shows to get renewed) for TWO seasons?! WTF?

At least Angel got 5 seasons.
Yeah, it may have gotten the shaft after season 5 but there was plenty of show to love. I would give an arm to have gotten 5 seasons of Firefly or the last full season of Farscape.

GrayLinnorm said:
Sports Night
Totally forgot about that one. Great show.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Aw, no one mentioned Touching Evil. It was on USA. AWESOME show. USA is a punk though, since I haven't even seen it on Dvd for purchase. [The remake, not the original show]

The Pretender is awesome. I just bought the first season. I think TNT picked it up for a little bit after disappearing from NBC, but it dropped really quickly after that.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
GrayLinnorm said:
...Sports Night...
Oh yeah, very good show. I never watched it when it was broadcast, I'm not much of a television watcher. But my wife heard about how good it was so she bought the entire 3 season DVD set. I caught a few episodes off and got hooked with her. Its writing, I dare to say, was as good as Veronica Mars.

It repeatedly won awards too. It fit both comedy and drama extremely well, but I think the concensus is that it was too different to draw an audience. I don't care for either regular dramas or comedies. But the writing of Sports Night was just too good.

Even worse, it ended on a hell-of-a-cliffhanger! The agony!

Zulithe said:
And maybe My So-Called Life

Ahhh, My So Called Life... that show (along with the movie Dazed and Confused) defined what I anticipated high school to be like (it was - except for the gay best friend - entirely unlike the show). I *lived* for every episode of it on MTV. Fond, fond memories. :)

reveal

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Ahhh, My So Called Life... that show (along with the movie Dazed and Confused) defined what I anticipated high school to be like (it was - except for the gay best friend - entirely unlike the show). I *lived* for every episode of it on MTV. Fond, fond memories. :)

Wait a minute? You watched Dazed and Confused before high school?? And you thought that's what high school would be like??

I am feel so much older now....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads