• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What si Hivemind?

warlord

First Post
So I've been on ENworld for about 2 years now and the concept of Hivemind still confuses me. I read the threads and have no idea what the point of Hivemind is. So could someone please educate me as to what the Hivemind is?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
warlord said:
So I've been on ENworld for about 2 years now and the concept of Hivemind still confuses me. I read the threads and have no idea what the point of Hivemind is. So could someone please educate me as to what the Hivemind is?
Everyone will give you a different answer. There is no right or wrong answer to that question. The Hivemind just is. As long as there is someone to post the hivemind will always be.

Mycanid

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Essentially posting for no reason.

Nonsense! Is spending time with friends something done with no reason? :) You do it because you like to spend time with friends. And that is really all the hive is ... "Hangin out" and being a little loony at the same time.

gathering.gif

L

Lewis526

I never read or post in the hive mind. I tend to avoid it because I think of it as a spam receptacle. I don't think there's anything wrong with having it around, though. It gives people an outlet for what would seem like clutter in other threads, and that's valuable.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
In my time, and I was one of the Hivemind Founders, Hivemind was sometimes defined as a "messageboard chat". Originally (and this was five years ago) it was a thread in Meta, where some people spoke of all and nothing, and after some time, the people was almost always the same, and we began to feel like a small community in a big EN World community. "Hivemind" term came to existence without anybody remembering who proposed it.

There is no point in Hivemind, no hidden meaning, nothing special. Only a group of people who chat about anything that come to their mind.

For the web 2.0 people, it's a bit like Twitter but created five years before Twitter ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I don't think I would consider it as spam... though perhaps my definition is different than someone else's.

Originally, I thought it was point and while I sometimes do, I enjoy it because it IS like a chatroom but it is beneficial in the form of a messageboard because due to different work schedules and time zones, we don't have to be on at the same time.

Also, it is a place to vent and rant about work, school, home, etc. with people whom I consider as friends when my own friends aren't available.

Now WHY it was invented, I have no freaking clue, but I would be lonely without it. ;)

Remove ads