What sort of character will you build for Curse of Strahd?

What class of character do you think you will build?

• Barbarian

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Bard

• Cleric

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Fighter

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Monk

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Paladin

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ranger

• Sorcerer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warlock

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Poll closed .

Granville

First Post
So I made a Rashemi Witch (A Durthan, no less) who was driven out of Rashemen and migrated to the Moonsea. She's a Warlock with the Undying patron (Originally worshipping Thethor Spirits, but that may change.), Hex, Protection for Evil and Good and going for the Tome + Book of Ancient Secrets. I took the Haunted One background and picked the whole "Stolen and raised by a hag" origin. Loving the character as we just milestoned in death house to level 2. This is also the only season where I feel like you have a bit of protection playing a factionless character, but I wont say why.

On a side note Mask of the Betrayer was really well written, hopefully at some point Wizards is not afraid to revisit the Unapproachable East.

Jabborwacky

First Post
I'm currently playing a dambrathan half-elf knight-hospitaler of Ilmater (cleric) for an online Curse of Strahd game. He serves as a temple knight for the Order of the Gauntlet, wandering from place to place in support of a wider campaign against evil. Working at the edge of his order's influence has brought him into contact with the mercenary work of the zentarim, which he has taken up to undermine their operations. He's a team player, and happens to be packing most of the camping gear.

I'm concocting a gur backup PC: I'm liking the new 4e connection between the gur and vistani, so I was thinking that he/she followed the vistani to learn more of their shared heritage. I'd hope it leads to some interesting RP with Strahd, the vistani, or the other residents.

Last edited:

Remove ads