• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) What strongholds and followers are missing? (Also: rules for mobile strongholds)

xiphumor

Legend
This is a little bit of an out there suggestion, @xiphumor, but you could ask Morrus if you could take a look at his Pirate Ship Stronghold rules, in private and under strict confidence, in order to build off what he's written for your own GPG article as a way to maintain the methods he's got going and build it into your system?
Good thought. I’ll probably hold out until we get a pitch approved. We’ll have a much more reasonable request then. :)

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I’m brainstorming pitches for the GPG, one of which is adding more strongholds and followers. Here are my rough ideas. I’m looking for feedback and any ideas I might be missing:

Followers:
  • Scout: explore areas up ahead
  • Merchant: purchase basic goods even if out of town
  • Pilot: drive vehicles
  • Tailor: clothing to suit environment and culture
  • Alchemist: produce various alchemical items
  • Poisoner: produce poison
  • Fletcher: produce ammunition
  • Messenger: deliver messages and packages
  • Trainer: extra maneuver/exertion
  • Artist: produce treasures
  • Sentry: stand guard and improve passive perception

Strongholds: (I haven’t fleshed out the functions for these)
  • Theater
  • Trading Post / Harbor
  • School
  • Hospital
  • Public Hall
  • Museum

In addition, I think it would be cool to have strongholds that are composed of vehicles, so you could have a caravan/fleet at your disposal.
These are all good. Interesting that we've got two new stronghold types and 5 new follower types in various MoAR volumes and none of them are on this list. ;)

MoAR Intrigue has one of the new stronghold types and 4 of the new followers. It'll be out in early July if all goes to plan.

An article I've written for GPG includes the pirate lord warlord archetype, the ship stronghold, and the sailor follower.

Or, what if the vehicle is the stronghold?
Like a ship (or flying vessel)

I remember when we were first planning ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution, Russ suggested we give the PCs a mobile boat base they could bring with them on adventures around the continent. I never was quite satisfied with how I tried to make that work mechanically, but the Level Up stronghold rules would have been great for it.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Or, what if the vehicle is the stronghold?
Like a ship (or flying vessel)
I remember when we were first planning ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution, Russ suggested we give the PCs a mobile boat base they could bring with them on adventures around the continent. I never was quite satisfied with how I tried to make that work mechanically, but the Level Up stronghold rules would have been great for it.
whistle-oblivious.gif

Anselm

Adventurer
Pilot: drive vehicles
This is the one I was looking for the other day. My party adopted an NPC carriage driver (by adopted I mean paid him an enormous stipend to drive them around the city) and the closest thing I could find was the teamster. That didn't seem to quite check the box.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads