• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What tech (on this list) should I pick for my Star Wars story?

Maximum7

Explorer
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a decision on picking a technology for my Star Wars story. I’ve been editing the Wikipedia page “List of hypothetical technologies” for many months now. I’ve worked hard on it but I can’t pick something. Here’s the list.

I’m looking for something that

•Would be worth creating

• Wouldn’t be easily created based on existing technology.

•Something that doesn’t already exist in Star Wars Legends or Canon.

Believe it or not, a Dyson sphere actually appeared in Star Wars. It was called Iokath and appeared in The Old Republic MMORPG

You can pick anything on the list EXCEPT “Black hole starship” , “Language learning pill” and “Artificial super mitochondria” since I workshopped those ideas and I determined they don’t work

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
The technology apparently exists in the Star Wars universe, but there has been relatively little exploration of machine-mind interfaces, mind uploading, genetically engineered creatures, and thought recording technology - especially outside the sphere of Jedi magi-tech. And, I think there is space here to introduce a dark side something as a BBEG that has Anakin's apparently unusual force powered life-machine interface thing going. Possible topics of exploration could include are Droids or could they ever be actually alive? Think 'Blade Runner' meets 'Star Wars'.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
There was a previous thread on this subject. Review it to get more feedback.

I still like "hyperspace radar" that can see Imperial Cruisers (but not normal-size commercial ships), in addition to planets.

Remove ads