• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What to do if a player keeps reading the adventures

transtemporal

Explorer
Don't bother messing with his character in-game, kick that guy to the curb. That's sustained, deliberate cheating. If he hasn't already, he's going to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Netherstorm

First Post
The responses in this thread boggle my mind. If the guy is reading the adventure and using it to his advantage, he's cheating. Kick him out! Don't give yourself more work or stress.

This person clearly is not mature enough to being playing a game designed for people 12 years old and up or, worse, this person just doesn't care about other people and wants to see what he can get away with. Pathetic!

kalil

Explorer
I had the unfortune to play with one of these at an online hotdq table. Ruined the game for everyone. Kick. Kick. Kick. Never look back. Life is too short to play with arrogant pos cheaters. Did I mention you should kick his sorry arse?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I may as well not play the published material.

Now, you're talking. Try winging it for a few games. Take an hour or two out of the week to write up something loose based off random rolls from something like the Ultimate Tool Box, fleshed out a bit with some of your own ideas, and boiled down to just a sheet or two of notes. You'll be amazed how well that works and no one will have any idea what is going to happen next, even you.

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Prelude the kick form the table with a metagame trap.

Find something in the mod that is irresistible ie a treasure find. Replace with something nasty that will kill his PC. Have a sealed envelope at the table with a note inside, the note stating the switch of the treasure for the trap, and his eviction notice from the game.

Remove ads