• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What type of product really grabs you?

Tsyr

Explorer
What type of product, or information within a product, is really of interest to you?

For example.

Magic systems. I can't get enough of them. I think I own every book to date (Except for the recent one by Bastion Press) that includes substantial new rules for spellcasting. Soverign Stone, Fading Suns, the mongoose Encyclopedia series, Occult Lore, Spells and Spellcraft, Relics and Rituals, The End, the Psionic's Handbook, Magic of Faerun and the Forgotten Realms campagin setting, Monte Cook's e-books, you name it... If a product has magic rules, chances are I'll have it. Even if I have no real interest in the rest of the product (The forgotten realms stuff, for example), the inclusion of a magic system is enough to tempt me. Not that I hate the vancian system per say, but I love alternatives!

Do any of you have similar obsessions when it comes to d20 products? Races? Classes? Campagin Settings? Cities? Strange Cultures? Rules for social interaction?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Bigby Spells?

Salutations,

Thinking through my collection- it would most likely be Class books and Naval books.

My gut tells me it would be anything in a desert/arabic setting.

FD

TiQuinn

The super modules:

Stuff like Return to Temple of Elemental Evil, Scourge of the Slavelords, Queen of Spiders, Night Below, Rod of Seven Parts, Return to the Tomb of Horrors, etc. I love epic adventures and super dungeons!

VoodooGroves

First Post
Mass battle systems or other miniatures games. I'll buy it to try it and keep buying if its good. If not, I'll wait until it goes on clearance and then buy it for the miniatures it contains.

Books about demonic / celestials and their wars. Not outsiders in general, but real and true good and evil.

Books relating to Lovecraft / Moorcock. Even if they suck. I've validated this point a number of times. I also have a weakness for Robotech (but no other anime) as well as Godzilla and giant monsters.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
As per the ideas in the current thread about Chainmail, I'd be really interested in plastic, prepainted minis a'la MAGEKNIGHT and HEROCLIX, or module packs, which include all the minis you'd need for a given module.

Shadeus

First Post
A product that shows me how to use existing rules in a new way. And introduces new rules to flesh out where the core rules are lacking. As a player, I'm more interested in multiclass combos or prestige class that have 2-3 interesting abilities and a lot of flavor. I really think a several PrCs haven't gotten the treatment they really deserve.

Psion

Adventurer
I have yet to meet a product regarding undead and necromancy I don't like. I have never seen a topic so seemingly narrow that seems to facilitate such a broad array of products.

Napftor

Explorer
Re: Bigby Spells?

Since no one said it yet, Furn, I found that Bigby quip amusing. :D

Nothing else relevant to this thread. Please move along...

Painfully

First Post
I would love to see a poster-sized battlemat included in modules. On paper, of course. It will raise the price a bit, but think of how they can all be reused the way counters can be reused. In fact, for about the same price as a large battlemat you could probably make and sell 20 poster battlemats with all sorts of different terrain. An accessory pack might include things like bridges, tavern furniture, beds, sacks, chests, weapons racks, etc. It isn't so different than the tiles that are used in the NWN game.

My only concern about such posters would be getting the creases out. Minis will tend to tip over if the paper isn't laid out perfectly flat. Even if a module was a flop, it's hard to find such a poster battlemap not handy to have. A possible solution might be to keep the maps paper-sized and simply join them along the edges.

Dragon has done this a few times, but they seem a bit small for my tastes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads