• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What type(s) of environment are you primarily campaigning in?

What type(s) of environment are you primarily campaigning in?

• Poll closed .

Emirikol

Adventurer
What type(s) of environment are you primarily campaigning in? Any thoughts on where you'd like to play next (i.e. something you've maybe never tried but would like to). I've got a change in campaign coming up and am interested in what everyone else is doing and how YOUR players like it..or if they even think about it.

Does everybody pretty much play a temperate midieval environment?

The POLL didn't put my last two on there, which would be
Roadway/Riverway/Gypsy
OTHER: Please post

jh

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Our current campaign is set in the Red Wastes of Shem (using the Mesopotamia) supplemen and recently travelled to the Jungles of Kush.

Very different from our pseudo-midieveal campaigns.

Our next campaign will be moving into the frozen lands of the north. Main environment will be tundra, ice fields, mountains, boreal forest and swamps. Should be a lot less civilized than our current campaign..which will be a wierd change in Hyboria ;)

jh

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Mallus said:
The campaign I run takes place in CITY.
Can you guess how I voted?

Mallus,

What city? I used to recycle a lot of the old Living City scenarios for my home campaign..man, I miss having access to that stuff!

jh

Mallus

Legend
CITY is the name of my homebrew. It's a mega-city made from nine smaller cities linked by magical gates. While the component cities all have proper names, the whole is just called 'CITY. The local language has a way of pronouncing the capitals...

I don't have a web page or wiki up, but there's information about it in the Story Hour linked in my sig. If nothing else it's a funny read.

Last edited:

GlassJaw

Hero
I really want to run a steampunk/Victorian/Shadowrun/Cthulhu-type, city-based campaign where the city itself is almost like a constant NPC. It's something I've always had a lot of ideas for, just never had the chance.

I'd like a to really flesh it out in detail so the players (and characters) come to know it down to the street level. They can have their favorite watering holes, know the locals, where to find goods, who to talk to, etc.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Mine would be "Other", I think. Plains/agricultural. Not really any forests about. Maybe I'll pick temperate forest/plains. *shrug*

This is basically the Shield Lands in Greyhawk. This still includes a wide amount of other terrain. Swamps around Scragholme Island and the Great Effluvial Swamp north of WPM, Riverine along the Veng/Ritensa rivers, badlands on the edge of the Rift Barrens, rugged bluffs along the Ritensa river, and White Plume Mountain, aquatic on/in the Nyr Dyv, blasted urban ruins in Admundfort, crowded urban in Critwall.

Most of the adventures however are in the scattered abandoned manors and farm settlements of the occupied Shield Lands.

Last edited:

ivocaliban

First Post
Eric Anondson said:
Mine would be "Other", I think.

Notice that no matter how many options available there will always be someone who chooses "Other?" Well, same here. My last campaign centered on a Final Fantasy-obsessed player's love of airships. Once he acquired the thing, most of the campaign was spent in the air. So, I suppose Aerial.

My upcoming campaign will take place in and around Elsenwood (Wilderlands setting) so I chose the "Temperate forest and plains" option.

derelictjay

Explorer
The current campaign I'm playing in is mainly plains/forests and mountains.

The next campaign I plan to run will have Jungle/Forests, deserts, swamps and a few other environs all of the warm temperature variety. I'm planning on it being a colonizing a new world type campaign. Mainly so that the old veteran players can't recognize the cultures and creatures of this new world, while the PCs are the standard DnD races that they know and love.

Roadkill101

Explorer
For my current Homebrew setting, the party is adventuring in a temperate forest/plains area right along the edges of a mountain range. The party is from a megatropolis on another prime plane and came to their current environs via a gate, and as soon as they figure out how to operate the gate I anticipate much plane hopping back home as the current area offers little in the way of resources for resupply.

Remove ads