• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What version of D&D are you playing??

Treebore

First Post
That survey seriously assumes you are playing, or have played D&D in the last few months to the past year.

Plus it may want to give an option of something other than "homebrewed", such as a published variant, for people like me who get their D&D fix through something like Castles and Crusades or Hackmaster Basic. OR give a note saying that "homebrewed" is meant to cover the playing of such variants.

I found it interesting that Pathfinder was included as a "version" of D&D on this poll. While some will cry foul on this, I think it will paint a more interesting picture overall.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The poll's choices are seriously lacking. There are a lot of games out there that could be argued to be D&D that aren't Pathfinder or produced by TSR or WotC. If Pathfinder is on the list, where's Castles & Crusades? Where are all the OSR games?

I'm not sure what the value of the survey will be when there's a chunk of the audience simply will be unable to answer the questions.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I found it interesting that Pathfinder was included as a "version" of D&D on this poll. While some will cry foul on this, I think it will paint a more interesting picture overall.
I think that's valid -- it's a descendant of 3E. Of course, all the other descendants of D&D don't even exist as far as the poll is concerned.

Either Pathfinder shouldn't be included, or there should be more representation for more descendants as well. I'd wager that Castles & Crusades in particular would make a decent showing alongside some of the oldest editions of TSR's D&D.

Either Pathfinder shouldn't be included, or there should be more representation for more descendants as well. I'd wager that Castles & Crusades in particular would make a decent showing alongside some of the oldest editions of TSR's D&D.
Your point is valid. While Pathfinder can be "considered" as D&D3.75, I think it fair to say that C&C is the same idea but taking 3e D&D in the reverse direction (paying homage to earlier versions). The continuing support of C&C (Release of the Castle Keeper's Guide in 2011) would have made this a relevant and valid choice on the poll.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads