• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What will be your 4e setting?

Gundark

Explorer
Will you be playing your first 4e game in Eberron? Forgotten Realms? Or a homebrew? If your going to be playing in a homebrew how will you convert?

For me I would like to do 4e Iron Kingdoms.

Henrix

Explorer
It looks like one of my games will be Planescape. I'm tempted to do a homebrew for the other, but we'll see.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Either Eberron or a homebrew, taking heavy influence from everything Dark Fantasy and WotC's Points of Light article(s). I tend towards the homebrew, because I want to see all new stuff (i.e. races) integrated, instead of either retconning or omitting stuff in Eberron. Plus: No artificer, that's a loss, but definitively Eberron after the new ECS.

EDIT: And since MtG's latest setting has caught my eye with their re-interpretation of classic fantasy themes, I see even more illustrations by WAR that I can mine for my "setting bible". PoL is drawing me... stronger and stronger!

Cheers, LT.

Last edited:

Hairfoot

First Post
FR is standard for me, but I would like to take a look at some third-party settings (like Harn).

The FR update and Spellplague sounds exciting, but I'll wait for the release to decide.

Depending on the rate of advancement in my current homebrew's planned plot-arcs I may be adapting it to 4E. But if it's wrapped up to our satisfaction (that's my players and me, not the royal plural) I'm considering doing a 4e conversion of the Age of Worms or Savage Tide Adventure Paths, so world of Greyhawk as my 4e campaign.
An adventure path conversion would be as much work as a regular campaign, but I'd only have to work on building the encounters, remaking the npcs, and rejigging the treasure alotments, without having to worry about the plot development.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I plan on using Forgotten realms.
I'll probly base the entirety of my adventures in waterdeep/undermountain at least until the actual setting comes out and I have time to read/get used to it.

Hmm... plot? plot?

Ooh, I know, mysterious mages immune to spell plague.

All information above is OGL and may be used in personal gaming and/or sold for profit

Remove ads