• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What world has the best maps?

What world has the best world map?

• World of Greyhawk (including the DUNGEON map)

Votes: 94 25.5%
  • Forgotten Realms (any version)

Votes: 133 36.1%
  • Eberron

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Kalamar

Votes: 50 13.6%
  • CONAN d20/Hyboria

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Oriental Adventures

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 56 15.2%

• Poll closed .

Khairn

First Post
Best world map ... Harn :D

Then I would say FR (3rd E) and Iron Kingdoms ( L&L)

I judge a map based on its usefullness and how it invokes and compliments the flavor of the setting. The others have servicable maps, but nothing that makes me go .... WOW :cool:

Kalamar, Eberron are both plain IMHO, while Greyhawk, although very good, is not quite as inspiring as the ones I mentioned above.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
No question, Kalamar.

The maps for Ravenloft and Krynn are more than decent, same with FR and GH, but for great maps, Kalamar is my bet. Eberron isn't too bad but not sure it's the same, especially since you get LOTS of maps with Kalamar.

schulerta

First Post
All of the worlds I have seen seem to be attached to the idea of a pangea-like continent. I know these are fantasy worlds but they often time lack any basis in geological or geographical fact.

Troy

schulerta said:
All of the worlds I have seen seem to be attached to the idea of a pangea-like continent. I know these are fantasy worlds but they often time lack any basis in geological or geographical fact.

In a world where Creationism is unquestionable fact, and that gods really did make the land, there isn't millions of years of continental drift and erosion, sometimes only a few millennia have passed. All the laws of geology haven't necessarily had time to come into full effect.

Also, to those who say Kalamar has great maps because it has a dedicated atlas, the Forgotten Realms had a dedicated atlas made of them (print in 1990, electronic and vastly updated in 2000).

reanjr

First Post
I can almost guarantee you that those who voted for FR and GH have not seen the Kalamar Atlas

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads