• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What WotC employees are getting for Christmas!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
This is the one I want to auction off for charity:

IM002017.JPG
That would be one cool antenna ball. :lol:

Glyfair

Explorer
Paladin said:
IMO, WotC should auction a handful of these on eBay and donate the proceeds to a charity this Christmas. That way a few non-WotC folks could actually get their hands on one, a charity makes some money, and WotC gets some good press. That's my two coppers anyway...
The thing about that is that they will very likely become unaffordable for most (depending on how many they auction). Remember that the original 4 Horseman for Mage Knight originally were going for several thousand dollars each. There seem to have been 8 of each (9 if you count Jordan Weisman's set).

These could very well reach that level. Great for the charities, not very nice for the "market."

Glyfair

Explorer
MrFilthyIke said:
Thousands? For charities? I fail to see what's wrong with that, markets be damned.
Yeah, I was trying to find a way of wording it and failed.

What I meant was the "These are cool, I'd like a chance at one?" feeling isn't helped for all but very few when it goes at those prices. If you don't have a few thousand to throw at one of these figures than you have no chance.

Now, if WotC had a raffle for them with the fees going to charity, that would serve that feeling. For a few bucks you get a chance at the figure. There are legal complications with such a thing, though.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
That's what happens when there is a large demand and a very limited supply though.

Olaf the Stout
Price skyrockets.

However ... you'll never sell your final unit of a good in a micro-econ model.

Ideally, given that they have a monopoly, you could auction off several hundred of them and simply space them out. Auction 3 or 4 at a time, demand can stay up and the price gets determined by the bidding.

Moggthegob

First Post
I originally thoguhtthiswas ike a review of wizards performance or something like " What would you give WotC for christmas?"

Iwas expecting many "lumps of coal" answers. :)

Lord Tirian said:
But on the bright side: It's a 4E beholder! Perhaps it's the sculpt of the next DDM beholder, just with snowy plastic and paintjob! Now we can see it in advance!

Cheers, LT.

I tend to think so

Remove ads