What would a slaad say?

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=304]trentonjoe[/MENTION] “What dreams haunt the worlds of men? Blurble? Not men? Not dreams? It’s still a lemon. What dreams? What dreams?”

Phrases that almost seem to make sense but are clearly coming from an alien mindset for whom formulating coherent language is a challenge.

In my own games, I’ve had slaad “eat” the private hells/heavens of creatures who’ve died and gone onto their afterlife in Limbo. Very little is written about the D&D conception of Limbo as an afterlife, much the less the Lawful Neutral githzerai! So I interpreted githzerai souls as creating individualized afterlife pockets within the chaos of Limbo, other creatures within the pocket woven from chaos stuff and dreams. These pockets of stability are anathema to the slaad - and the souls within are favored food - and so they seek to break/infiltrate these private hells/heavens. Green slaad, in particular, are known to infiltrate githzerai afterlives in the guise of their ancestors.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think that will be the new theme music that plays when I drop some slaad on the PC's.

What about...

“Oh, yes, it's Slaadi’s Night
And the feeling's right
Oh, yes, it's Slaadi’s' Night
Oh, what a night (oh, what a night)

If you hear any noise, it’s just the boys
It's Slaadi’s' Night, uh-huh
Gonna step out Slaadi’s' Night
Steppin' out Slaadi’s' Night
Steppin' out Slaadi’s' Night...”

What about...

“Oh, yes, it's Slaadi’s Night
And the feeling's right
Oh, yes, it's Slaadi’s' Night
Oh, what a night (oh, what a night)

If you hear any noise, it’s just the boys
It's Slaadi’s' Night, uh-huh
Steppin' out Slaadi’s' Night
Steppin' out Slaadi’s' Night...”

Tempting.

jgsugden

Legend
The first slaad speaks like the Hulk. The second like a Smurf. The third like Chunk from the Goonies. The fourth just barks. The fifth is silent, of course. The sixth restates everything that was just said, but messes it up. The seventh thinks it is a tiger. The eighth knows it is Tigger. The ninth tries to figure out what type of Modron everyone is, but decides everyone is a mono-drone. The 10th is surprsingly intelligent for a slaad, which means he has been driven insane by hanging out with 1 to 9.

Maybe they don’t say anything. They just pantomime eerily like the Gentlemen from Hush? Green or Grey for the actual Gentlemen and Red or Blue for the minions.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfNuMWO128[/video]

Remove ads