• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would the Natural Armor and DR be of this character?

TrueSpade

First Post
This particular character can tank wrecking balls moving at 140 mph directly without taking any damage at all. (it would probably knock him through a few buildings, but he'll get up without any damage at all. Completely unscathed)

So what would his Natural Armor bonus be since he's practically invulnerable to most normal attacks? (Unless its got more power behind it than the listed wrecking ball XP)

Last edited:

Sekhmet

First Post
We can assume to be about the damage as a small catapult (4d6), which is a maximum of 24 damage.
To be impervious, DR 25/piercing or slashing, or 25-.

I don't think natural armor matters against a wrecking ball, so I wouldn't give him any based on this description.

xigbar

Explorer
Well, rolling 4 sixes implies you took the full brunt of the wrecking ball/catapault. Should this character be able to take a wrecking ball at that speed that hits him with uncanny magnitude? If so, then 25 would be right. 15 would make more sense if he can handle "the average wrecking ball," so to speak.

Greenfield

Adventurer
I'm not sure the wrecking ball/catapault stone comparison is valid.

Yeah, both are designed to break buildings, but the fact is that a catapault stone comes in a lot faster. It's designed to break fortifications, not just masonry.

I might rate the wrecking ball a bit lower, either 3D6 or 4D4.

I mean, real world? An average man hit by a wrecking ball, the way it's commonly employed, would get knocked on his ass, and might suffer a broken bone and some bruising, but unless he's pinned between the wrecking ball and some other obstacle, he'll survive more often than not.

xigbar

Explorer
I'm not sure the wrecking ball/catapault stone comparison is valid.

Yeah, both are designed to break buildings, but the fact is that a catapault stone comes in a lot faster. It's designed to break fortifications, not just masonry.

I might rate the wrecking ball a bit lower, either 3D6 or 4D4.

I mean, real world? An average man hit by a wrecking ball, the way it's commonly employed, would get knocked on his ass, and might suffer a broken bone and some bruising, but unless he's pinned between the wrecking ball and some other obstacle, he'll survive more often than not.

On the other hand, a wrecking ball is a more modern object, and generally made of a denser material, and therefore, significantly heavier when both are at the same dimensions.

kitcik

Adventurer

I think a common wrecking ball applies 10 to 20,000 lbs of force.

Maybe you are thinking of the average war hulk? I think the average man would have his ribs curshed through his vital organs.

Remove ads