• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what would you be in the dungeons and Dragons world?

jake22007

First Post
on how I view myself, if I had to create a character in the dungeons and Dragons world that represented myself I would assign him the following stats: --

strength: 11
dexterity: 8
Constitution: 11
Wisdom: 17
intelligence: 14
charisma: 11
comeliness: 9

So a divine class or a wizard would be most appropriate.

what about you?

Krelios

First Post
STR 10
DEX 9
CON 10
INT 15
WIS 15
CHA 14

I'd say I'm best suited to a cleric, and I suppose I'd have less of a problem with faith if I could actually cast spells/speak to said god(s). A close second would be an enchanter, which could also work for me.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'd be a non-musical bard.

In real life, I'm a newspaper reporter (and unpublished fiction author) and have been in a warzone and lived and worked in a terrorism hotspot, so the adventuring class fits for me, IMO.

Last edited:

Driddle

First Post
With my broad range of skills and abilities and all my attributes in the 16-18 range, I'd have to take several classes to adequately represent myself in game.

But not a paladin.

EricNoah

Adventurer
STR 9
DEX 13
CON 10
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 11

I would be a non-adventuring Expert NPC, maybe something along the lines of a sage, a private tutor, a scribe, or a librarian. Adventures would scare me, mostly the creepy crawly things like giant centipedes, and I would have a great deal of trouble killing anything.

I might be tempted into the areas of arcane magic, particularly focusing on anything that let me float or fly, or read minds. Maybe a psion?

Also I've entered middle age and all of my physical stats went down by 1 point while my mental stats went up by 1 point. :)

Mycanid

First Post
I wonder how brutally honest people will be in this post? I love this sort of thing.... How much "stretch of the imagination" is allowed in the stat generation?

Also, you did not include what race!!!!

Edit #1 pt.1: Also, what weapon, etc.?

Well, back in the day when I was playing Villains and Vigilantes they used a stat generation based on the 3d6 image of you yourself. The whole idea was "Jack Jeffries" (or whoever the player was) gets bitten by a radioactive chinchilla and becomes ______ (insert name).

So, my stats will be based on that, and using the brutally honest mode rather than "stretch of the imagination" mode, but of course these stats will be tweaked since those generated then as the years have gone by.

Str: 9 (used to be a 10 but have had little activity in recent years and am getting flabby)

Dex: 12 (used to be quite agile, but again, little activity has blunted this)

Con: 9 (used to be healthy as an ox but shattered my health some time back on accident)

Int: 14 (this has increased a bit simply due to a wide selection of reading and learning on my own)

Wis: 15 (this has increased over the years, and not necessarily by the school of hard knocks, but by studying wisdom teachings for 18 years or so under masters and sages, etc.)

Cha: 15 (this has increased quite a bit! Although for me this would not be leadership skills as much as personality development, partly due to the wisdom thing)

Com: 14 (a little good looking, but much of the "attraction quotient" has increased because of the personality increase)

As for class ... probably a druid. (Multi-classing? Err ... I don't know. Probably not.)
As for race ... in all likelihood a wood elf.
As for Alignment: Neutral Good - hands down.

Now, if I was in a fantasy world, etc. then the physical stats would undoubtably increase a bit, and I base this on the fact of the normal activities of the race and upbringing. Perhaps increase each of the physical stats by two?

Edit #1 Pt. 2: I would probably NOT be the adventuring sort, but I DO love to travel to other countries and places. In combat I would stand back with a bow and fill people full of arrows while casting some spells every now and again.

Last edited:

ranger89

First Post
Fun question. Hmm.... I suppose this would be me:

STR: 11
DEX: 9
CON: 14
INT: 11
WIS: 15
CHA: 15

I guess I would make a decent Cleric. Then again, I really don't like people very much so perhaps an CN Sorcerer would be more appropriate. ;)

Edit: Race - Dwarf

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads