What would you change into?

What would you chose to transform a Warlock into?

• Contruct: Via a Green Star Adept like PrC frome Complete Arcane

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Lich: Via a home brew PrC that takes some of the sting from it

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Outsider: Via something like the Feind Blooded PrC from Heroes of Horror

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Other: Plese state what (Does not have to be a PrC that transforms the Warlock

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • None at all! Stick with the calss til you reach 20!

Votes: 31 40.8%

• Poll closed .

Sigdel

First Post
Nyeshet said:
Just a few questions on the setting:

What is your party's current object(s)? Are they against the fiends (in which case your turning fiend - or even lich - might cause infighting in the party)? Are they against another foe? If so, what is the nature of this foe?

What is the party dynamic? Do you all get along? Do you [the Warlock] have to constantly hide your Chaotic nature from the paladin (via incantations, etc)?

The skinny so far: My character (called Sigdel or Sig for short) recently took possetion of the (lawful) order of spellcasters that helped raise him after they got destroyed by internal struggles. since that time many people have taken notice of Sig and are "concerned" with what direction he might take it from there. Right now we are traking down a 7ft tall gold skined woman who killed some of our goblin allies and plundered the site of the climax of that last story arc for stuff that could help her bring back a very bad form of magic. Under the new Orders charter we have taken it upon ourselvs to track her down and stop her.
As for a transformation in to a lich/fiend, it would not cause any struggles within the party. Eventhough Sig is a strange cat, his strangeness has pulled the groups butts out of the fire numerous times. Infact, he is the only PC to have survived since first lvl. That alone has made him the defacto leader of the party.

Nyeshet said:
What are you looking for in a PrC? Do you mind losing incantations? Or would you prefer a PrC that allows some incantations (say slower progression, but still some)? What about the blast? What about the other Warlock specials? Do you want a PrC that alters later specials into something different than typical for a warlock (perhaps more incantations, less blast, or perhaps more specials, less blast and incantations, or perhaps normal blast and incantations, but altered specials, or something utterly different)?

Have you had trouble recently in regards to a type of save, making attacks hit, surviving damage, not having enough skill points, etc? The answer may help us determine what type of saves, BAB, skill points, etc you are looking for in your PrC.

Im looking for something to pick up the slack after 12th lvl. I mean, lets face it, the warlock starts lacking after 12 lvl. It's just foucus on the invocations and the eldrich blast. I'm looking for some realy unique stuff but the options they give for the warlock are lame. for example, Acolyte of the Skin. You get to use the spell Poison two times a day, Tops. Why bother with that when you cand get Curse of Despair at the same level and have unlimited uses? The two glare powers are just not impressive enough to justify half-caster progression.
Enethough the Green Star offers only half progression, it's full levels when figuring out the effects of the invocations you do have. You may not know as much but you still pack a punch. not to mention that stat bonus you get is nice as well.
So far I have had no trouble with saves, BAB, or HP. I mean my to hit with the Blast is +13. And I have not even devoted a feat to it or anything. But what I would like more of is skill points, but I have survived on 3 every level so it's not that big of deal.

Nyeshet said:
Perhaps we can create a balanced PrC on this thread for you, one that meets your needs / wishes and will not overpower or underpower your character. As Craft (Balanced PrC) is not a class skill for all individuals, a little collective help is sometimes needed for that additional +2 Assist Other modifier.

I hope so. This has been bugging me for quite some time.

Illirion

First Post
Lycanthrope!! :D

Just make sure you get bitten by mean animals a lot and eventually you'll have enormously usefull and interesting abilities! Think of the roleplaying possibilities!

Cheers,
Illirion.

Sigdel

First Post
Thanee said:
None. :)

Bye
Thanee

I know you played a Warlock. Don't you agree that the class just kind of levels off after 12th lvl? And it's not just the Warlock class, many others do the same thing. But thats a another thread topic.

Nyeshet

First Post
Trying to think of a possible PrC . . .

Would you prefer half progression of incantations or another fraction (1/3, 2/3, 3/4, 1/4, etc)?

I presume you wouldn't mind similar saves, BAB as the Warlock class grants, but am I correct in that you would prefer 4+Int skill points instead of 2+Int skill points?

You seem to prefer a PrC whose 10th level ability transforms the PC into another type (outsider, undead, and construct suggested by you)? Are those the only types in which you are interested? Others have suggested Fey, and I note Elementals can also be chaotic (fire, electric, etc). What about plants, vermin, etc? Dragon Magic, I believe, has a dragon themed warlock class or PrC. I don't have the book, but that is what I've heard, so perhaps we could even add dragon into the mix, somehow. Also, this 7-handed guy sounds like an aberration. Perhaps you can become one at 10th level in your PrC?

Are there any specific types of specials in which you are interested? (DR / natural armor, resistances / immunities, fast healing / regen, spell-like abilities, unique incantations, etc)

Would you prefer something similar to the Warlock's current package deal (ie: similar specials at similar levels, but perhaps stronger in exchange for a decrease in incantations / blast and an increase in skill points by +2, for example)? Or do you want a completely different deal?

I note that the Lich is only four levels, after which you would be free to return to Warlock. Are you more interested in a small 5 level PrC that adds flavor and a few interesting traits, or a 10 level PrC that represents a notable shift in your PC's character.

Finally, what incantations have you chosen for your character? They may give us an idea as to where your character could be headed and what type of PrC to build for him.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Why isn't Magical Catgirl a choice?
We need better transformational PrCs from WotCatgirls, mang.

Pyon, -- N

Voadam

Legend
ooze, your inherent chaos starts to destabilize your body, distorting your form and giving you oozy powers like internal organs being uncrittable but functioning mush.

Remove ads