• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Would You Like From the Mongoose?

arnwyn said:
I also wouldn't mind a set of decent economic and merchant rules, such as if the PCs want to build a tavern or inn on their downtime and (maybe!) make some money. Or transport cargo on a ship they own while they're on their way to an adventure location. Or a caravan...
Use the rules under Profession for how much someone earns a month. D&D economics do not work at the macro level. You have to settle for just dealing with it at the micro level. As DM, you interpret the rolls however it makes sense for a story. He rolled low profit during fruit season. I guess it was a bad growing season for fruit. If this happens again next year perhaps the DM should make it continue to happen to grow a plot out of the lost fruit. Run the inn/tavern the same way. Profits are down: well that other inn that opened a few months ago is doing well, they must have a better location or word of mouth.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm going to cut and paste from someone's post on your boards:

"I would love to see Mongoose get the license for the Stephen Brust's Dragaera setting. There is a good amount of base material but there is plenty of room to flesh out the setting with more information on the different houses. It has a wealth of possibilities, from a low magic level (the Intergrim sp?), the moderate magic levels (early Empire), to extremely high magic levels (current/modern Empire). "

All kinds of new races, new magic systems, different eras to play in.....This along with Stargate (which seems written to be a role-playing game) are the only two licenses I'd be likely to buy.

As for non-licenses, since I'm at work, I'll have to think about that and answer later.

Mostly, I want you to keep up the good work.

kingpaul

First Post
<singing voice>
A partridge in a pear tree
</singing voice>

Don't like that? How about a winning lottery ticket, or free books? :)

Turlogh

Explorer
I'd like to see more in the Seas of Blood books maybe a book or two that details real world ships.
Conan- to be the best rpg ever published and very well supported.
More of The Planes (have two and like them).

hubris

First Post
Zaukrie said:
I'm going to cut and paste from someone's post on your boards:

"I would love to see Mongoose get the license for the Stephen Brust's Dragaera setting.
I've got to agree. That world is so complex and rich. Heck the little details like clapping at a door instead of knocking and that resurrection is so common that the methods for making death irreversable are well known, are really interesting. That and Vlad is one of the coolest characters in fantasy.

bramadan

First Post
What I would realy like to see is a detailed and truly *alternative* d20 magic system. It could be based on some of your EA but should not be pluggable into PHB one but rather made to replace. Something as elegant and balanced as Demonology or the system from Slaine but extended further and generalised.
As these two, much more "low fantasy" then PHB ofcourse.
It would probably have to be hardback and a hefty one, but I, for one, would not mind puting down quite a bit of change for it.

Bias

First Post
I'm very interested in an EA about cantrips, wizard academies and subjects, wizard apprenticeship,... that is, an EA about the early life as a mage.

Also, an ED about orisons and clerical apprenticeship could be a good idea, as well as a Encyclopaedia Psionica: Talents.

To sump up, my interests are:

EA: Cantrips
ED: Orisons
EP: Talents

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I agree with alot of the above especially Ency Psi books (if you're going to be doing any) but so far no one has said more Planes books. There's only two right now and there are plenty of other Planes out there. Just MO. :)

Last edited:

ptrpete

First Post
Slayers Guide: Slaad.

Non-european magic systems. I really liked the Shamans book, but hoe about other traditions? Even better, guides to non-european fantasy. There are so many cultures whose myths have not yet been made boring through overuse.

Remove ads