• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you play if you could?

Roudi

First Post
Blood & Relics 2e.

A heavy military Blood & Guts 2e game (but only if Ralts was the GM).

Legends of Excalibur / Legends of the Samurai.

Year of the Zombie; I miss those playtest sessions! (again, only if Ralts was the GM)

My homebrew world, The Seven Shards; plenty of great ideas for it, but no time to mechanically flesh it out.

A d20 Modern game incorporating Tesla's Legacy (I haven't even had the chance to playtest my own material yet!)

Any game with psionics (and not the XPH or standard d20 Modern F/X psionics).

Fact is, I have no time to game at all these days. I also have no players. If the opportunity presents itself, I will attempt to run Year of the Zombie demos at the local gaming store. Hopefully I'm not to rusty to mess that up.

I'm also obviously a huge RPGObjects fanboy. What can I say? They put out great material, including fantastic settings.

scourger

Explorer
One of the guys I game with also DMs. He's running a very cool Star Wars d20 game irregularly that I play in--mostly weekends with one other player. I really want to finish that module, The Tempest Feud. If I could get him to finish an old Omega World d20 adventure (a Gamma World converted module), that would be great, too. He had a RIFTS Africa game that was pretty awesome for 2 sessions (I really loved my character), but he balks at restarting it. He's running System Failure now, and I'm trying to get into it.

Another in the group had a nice Hell on Earth game going, but it lost steam. I've been trying to get his to reprise it, but he says it's too much work. He does drive over an hour each way to play weekly with us when he makes it, so I don't fault him too much. maybe he'll do it when it's re-released for Savage Worlds, which seems like a much simpler system with many of the cool elements from the original games.

Another in our group has hinted that he might run a WW2 game. I loaned him an extra copy of Dungeon with V for Victory in it. He has never DMed, thoug, although he has played for about 20-25 years, so I don't really think it will ever happen. I sure would enjoy it, though. (I've watched Saving Private Ryan many, many times on DVD.)

There are many other genres I think are cool, but I don't think I'll ever see them as a player. Standard D&D is near the bottom of my list, but even that can be a welcome break from the other choices of constant DMing or else board or card games when some other DM can't bring the game or too few players can show up for a particular week.

It's even driven me to play No Limit Texas Hold 'Em Poker weekly for the past 2 weeks. I'll porbably go again tomorrow night just to be sure I get my game on!

Roudi

First Post
Actually, that news story looks like a pretty shabby cover-up of an actual zombie outbreak.

Come on, a whole town getting up and participating in a "bioterrorism exercise" that looks suspiciously like a "walking dead" scenario? And encouraging citizens to call 911 for a mock exercise? Please. That's the real deal. Someone's just dressed that up to LOOK like something unalarming (and maybe even amusing). So no one will panic.

I knew this day would come.

I would not mind a Dragonstar, OGL Steampunk, or Ever-crack RPG game again. The last people who ran Ever-crack did mainly hack and slash type games which got really boring along with barking of how the rules are suppose to be which got really boring since it stopped play for an hour to an hour and a half.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Darwin's World II.
Grim Tales, specifically Slavelords of Cydonia.
Maybe even Darwin's World in a Grim Tales variant! :cool:
A lot of Eberron, but any Eberron would be good.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
Black Company D20.

All these are on my list to play. I'm finally getting my Eberron fix met with the RPGA Mark of Heroes campaign underway. I just want more game days organized locally.

Remove ads