• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whatcha gonna run? Whatcha wanna play?

John Crichton

First Post
Yeah, definitely. Depending on how closely you wanted to hew to the model, something like Dogs of W*A*R would be perfect. But I'm just dreaming out loud.
I'm a pretty rules light kinda GM with a heavy focus on characters and I tend to run things that I know and am comfy with. So I'm probably out for a new system but I won't rule it out. :)

threshel

First Post
I've been planning this one for a long time so I'll be looking forward to running it. Current title is "The Evil League of Evil's Sing-Along* Rampage" *No actual singing required. It'll be a Dr. Horrible Sequel done in ICONS. Character creation at the table.

As for playing. I'd love to get in on if someone is going to run a DC Adventures game. Yes. I'm a superhero junkie.

I'd love to play ICONS, and I am planning to run a DC Adventures game. I haven't decided on a premise yet, though. I'm torn between a League-for-a-day style Teen Titans/Young Justice romp through an out-of-control JLA watchtower, or a Halloween-themed Gotham Knights adventure.

If anyone's interested, I'd love to hear suggestions. One thing I'd like to know from people who want to play is whether you would prefer light-hearted camp like the current Brave and the Bold cartoon, or a mostly straight tone like the recent Batman: Under the Red Hood?

:)
J

DarkTouch

First Post
If anyone's interested, I'd love to hear suggestions. One thing I'd like to know from people who want to play is whether you would prefer light-hearted camp like the current Brave and the Bold cartoon, or a mostly straight tone like the recent Batman: Under the Red Hood?
J

If we're taking votes, I'd love to play a Brave & the Bold style Halloween adventure. I may be unusual however.

madwabbit

First Post
I'm a pretty rules light kinda GM with a heavy focus on characters and I tend to run things that I know and am comfy with. So I'm probably out for a new system but I won't rule it out. :)
A brief digression: If you do ever want to shop around a bit for another rules-light system, you'd definitely dig on the Barbarians of Lemuria book, which is the basis for the Dogs of War supplement Sam mentions -- I've considered running it just for kicks, as it's pretty sweet and hits the same kind of note that Savage Worlds does, minus the fiddly mini/grid bits.

Mark Causey

Explorer
I'm up for playing just about whatever. If I can get Scott to run Old School Hack for me, I can run it (because I played the hell out of the 'original' Red Box Hack). I could do Burning Wheel, Remember Tomorrow (a new cyberpunk game), or The Shadow of Yesterday.

Psion

Adventurer
May whip up a new adventure in my Ludlumesque/Zodiac sequence for Spycraft.

Other than that, I'm torn what to run for a second session:
- Another Sword & Sorcery yarn with Fantasy Craft? The first one seemed to go over pretty well.
- In the vein of "running games I don't get to play at home", I'm considering Diaspora.
- In the same vein, I'm considering another chapter in last year's well attended "Pathfinder Experiment", using some pregens from the APG.

Remove ads