• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whatever happened to Spycraft?

Insight

Adventurer
I so wish I could find people who'd like to play Spycraft, and I wish I had the time to add another game to my busy schedule.

DMRob

First Post
I managed to find a copy of the full color spycraft book crafty put out, the version 1.0 book. I know they updated to 2.0 recently, and that the WoF book will be 2.0 spycraft, but does anyone know if its major differences, or minor things? is there a place that lists the differences, or a pdf somewhere that has all the changes made?

I honestly am not interested in a second copy, since I did pay 50$ for the book in the first place, and dislike paying PDFs for the most part, due to a lack of laptop and quality printer.

Any info the more knowledgeable folks out there can share would be great.

Thanks.

Psion

Adventurer
DMRob said:
I managed to find a copy of the full color spycraft book crafty put out, the version 1.0 book. I know they updated to 2.0 recently, and that the WoF book will be 2.0 spycraft, but does anyone know if its major differences, or minor things? is there a place that lists the differences, or a pdf somewhere that has all the changes made?

If it's full color, it is a Spycraft 2.0 first printing; the 1.0 book was not in color. It should still work fine with World on Fire, but you might want to swing by the website and nab the errata, which covers most of the differences:
http://www.crafty-games.com/downloads

(I think the first printing errata, the first link, has everything you need to get you up to date to the second printing, the second printing link has additional errata.)

talien

Community Supporter
TheAuldGrump said:
Releases from other companies -
Paradigm Concepts - Print and PDF
That'd be Combat Missions: http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=51227

I wrote it over four years ago. I didn't even know it was published -- I discovered a reference to it in a Gen Con report from Paradigm's web site.

Anyhoo, the book apparently sold out of its print run, so I don't even have a print copy yet. But I will soon. I have the .PDF version and it looks fantastic; kudos especially to the cartographer who translated my awful maps into something legible.

Due to the book being four years old, there's some references to events that are no longer quite as relevant (the Carnivore program, for example) but overall I think the book holds up pretty well.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
talien said:
That'd be Combat Missions: http://enworld.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=51227

I wrote it over four years ago. I didn't even know it was published -- I discovered a reference to it in a Gen Con report from Paradigm's web site.

Anyhoo, the book apparently sold out of its print run, so I don't even have a print copy yet. But I will soon. I have the .PDF version and it looks fantastic; kudos especially to the cartographer who translated my awful maps into something legible.

Due to the book being four years old, there's some references to events that are no longer quite as relevant (the Carnivore program, for example) but overall I think the book holds up pretty well.
I picked up the PDF - since I am likely to use it piecemeal rather than as a coherent whole. Finding the parts that I can modify for use with Delta Green. Very modular, the parts have a background that tie them all together, but there are ways....

I did not realize that it has been hanging fire for that long - must be good to finally see it in print.

The Auld Grump

talien

Community Supporter
TheAuldGrump said:
I picked up the PDF - since I am likely to use it piecemeal rather than as a coherent whole. Finding the parts that I can modify for use with Delta Green. Very modular, the parts have a background that tie them all together, but there are ways....

I did not realize that it has been hanging fire for that long - must be good to finally see it in print.

The Auld Grump
Hey Auld Grump, glad to see you picked it up!

I'm doing the same thing actually...I'm using the book with my Delta Green campaign (debuting in my story hour at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=214026). Is your Delta Green game using the second edition of Spycraft?

I'm tying several of the scenarios to the Karotechia (obliquely through the terrorist organization) and the "Blink" drug distribution as part of Tiger Transit's operations.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
talien said:
Hey Auld Grump, glad to see you picked it up!

I'm doing the same thing actually...I'm using the book with my Delta Green campaign (debuting in my story hour at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=214026). Is your Delta Green game using the second edition of Spycraft?

I'm tying several of the scenarios to the Karotechia (obliquely through the terrorist organization) and the "Blink" drug distribution as part of Tiger Transit's operations.
Yep, SC 2.0 - along with Fragile Minds. :) If you are converting Delta Green then you want this.

I have my own ideas for the Karotechia, and am using The Fate as the fund raisers for a terrorist organization. Seemed a waste to have them tied exclusively to the Big Apple. So they have expanded their operations....

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Classic Fantasy Races releases on Thursday (1-31-08) - adding elfs, dwarfs, and a few others to the mix for those who want a fantasy/modern game.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads