• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's a bard to do? (PrCs, feats, vocations...)

themaxx

First Post
I'm thinking about a new bard I'm in the process of creating, and in pondering where he might go in the future, I'm sort of at a loss.

The game is medium-high magic and fantasy, set in a homebrew world. The world is composed of floating islands, and there are airships and beasts of burden going between them. Most of the inhabitants and stuff that we know about is humanoid, so no big undead armies on the horizon yet...

I'm going to be playing a Gnome Bard, riding a Giant Firefly, and I'm trying to figure out what kinds of things might make good long term character goals. Obviously I have a bunch of non-mechanical, world-specific and character-related hopes and dreams, but I also like thinking about crunchy bits and doing a bit of gaming wonkery.

For starters, there are some uninteresting bardic feats in Song and Silence, and there is the Virtuoso (highly disappointing and limited). I kinda like how the Harpers look (FRCS) and I might adapt something like that for a gameworld organization and accompanying PrC. If you have stuff that you use in your campaign, or fun house rules, please post and let me know, since I'm on the lookout for some new, interesting and cool ideas.

Remove ads