• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's a troll?

A troll should be:

• Immediately be doused in flame and acid!

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Communicated with and if they don't shape up it's acid and flame time!

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Always treated with respect in the hope they'll change their trollish ways

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • What's a troll?

Votes: 6 12.2%

Henry

Autoexreginated
Bonus points to anyone who knows where the term originated. (As in, where was it first used NOT on the Internet?)

hong

WotC's bitch
Pielorinho said:
Ce n'est pas une pipe.

Daniel
I'm not passing you my pipe, mang. That's just unhygienic.

Also, I keep getting Pielorinho, Shilsen and Zappo mixed up in my head. I am not sure why.

The most successful ( in terms of accomplishing their attention getting objective ) type of troll post I have seen is the guys to who sign up with an alt ID and pretend they are female. I hate to admit I find it somewhat funny when they pull in dozens upon dozens of posters. WAY more reaction than a comparable newbie post by an obviously male or sexually ambiguous identity.

Edit: I may or may not be thinking of any of the threads you are thinking of. Don't jump to conclusions - I haven't seen a REALLY good one of this nature for some time now.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
The most successful ( in terms of accomplishing their attention getting objective ) type of troll post I have seen is the guys to who sign up with an alt ID and pretend they are female. I hate to admit I find it somewhat funny when they pull in dozens upon dozens of posters. WAY more reaction than a comparable newbie post by an obviously male or sexually ambiguous identity.

Edit: I may or may not be thinking of any of the threads you are thinking of. Don't jump to conclusions - I haven't seen a REALLY good one of this nature for some time now.
I've saw the same thing when I used to visit anime-related channels and forums. Whenever a person who identifies themselves as female asks something, the guys immediately start lining up to answer her question.

One of my female friends has told me horror stories about the internet stalkers that she attacts whenever the denizens of a chat room or message board find out that she's female. It's both sad and frightening, almost like those guys are thinking "Hey, I like RPGs/anime, she likes RPGs/anime... It's a match made in Heaven!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads